Caribou Gear

Ginger Ale

It's pickled ginger, sir. Know your various forms of ginger or get the hell out of this thread.

Ginger marinade for grouse or pork: Soy sauce, olives oil, grated fresh ginger, scallions, garlic & salt & pepper - marinate for 4 hours.
So that’s why it’s wet.
Makes sense now.

You raw dog wasabi? Have you totally lost all sense of smell? That’s amazing.
Did you know most of the "wasabi" in the us is green dyed horseradish? Apparently it is incredible difficult to grow (I tried without success). I bet @jryoung is about the only one that routinely eats actual wasabi (he appears to be an stickler for quality ingredients).

Did you know most of the "wasabi" in the us is green dyed horseradish? Apparently it is incredible difficult to grow (I tried without success). I bet @jryoung is about the only one that routinely eats actual wasabi (he appears to be an stickler for quality ingredients).
I did know that. I can count on one hand the times I've had actual wasabi, and all of those times it was very memorable meals. The last time I've had it I proposed to my wife between course 4 and 5. Omakase for the win.

You raw dog wasabi? Have you totally lost all sense of smell? That’s amazing.
Any chance to appropriately use the term “raw dog” is a winner.

I like to hit wasabi hard enough to temporarily go blind. It’s over so quick that it’s like momentarily dying then poof! you’re raised from the dead.

It's like a roller coaster ride for your senses. Totally "clears" you out. And the effects are temporary.
My compromised sinuses rarely let full aroma and taste through. Horseradish and whatever sort of faux wasabi I've tried are 2 things that provide me that elusive olfactory moment of clarity, which I treasure for its rarity.

7 pages and I'm just now wading in...fashionably late.

I do like ginger ale, in the air or on the ground...

If you're ever in the Carolinas (or find it somewhere else like a random Cracker Barrel) step up to the plate and give this a try...Screenshot_20220404-135242_DuckDuckGo.jpg

https://www.blenheimgingerale.com/ We welcome you to the Blenheim Ginger Ale Company; the earliest, smallest and many say finest, independent soda bottling company in the United States of America

If you're feeling strong, try the Hot version.

LJS...:sick:

I really like this stuff. All natural - made with cane sugar and real ginger. Goes good with any well bourbon, and my kids like it in Moscow mules. If you believe the marketing, @#)(# and Bull “invented” the Moscow mule. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I’ll add that it has little resemblance in taste to Canada Dry or any of the other soda pop versions of ginger ale.

9A007405-371B-4A6B-957A-49BF22EE6019.jpeg

Last edited:
Ginger Ale is the soft drink of the refined palate. It's not offensive to the nose like a cola, it's not a diuretic like Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb, and it's not some diet drink pretending to be a soda like the lemon/lime stuff.

Ginger Ale is for people who still dress when they fly. Have some class people. It's not a 4 hour nap in your PJ's, it's a chance to explore the country from your expensive and uncomfortable seat!

Gin & Ginger, Ginger & Jameson, all good concoctions.

Ginger Beer is the only acceptable mixer for Moscow Mules & Dark & Stormy's (Ginger Beer & Dark Rum). Anything else is a pretender to the name.

Also, Golden Corral is the appropriate choice in diners when it's after 2 am and before an actual working man's establishment opens for drunk breakfast. Shoney's is a second rate Chuck E Cheese and we all know it. Casa Bonita is the stuff of legends, and Long John SIlvers was a Sunday treat on rare occasion, whilst Pizza Hut was where the parties happened, and where we celebrated our stunning pee-wee leauge victories over the other team who was three tables over, licking their wounds.
Nice lecture

I use fresh wasabi as part of my morning moisturizing routine. It keep my pours open and fresh.

Seriously though I do like it, I always ask for it when getting sushi.

Any chance to appropriately use the term “raw dog” is a winner.
Was wandering through SF a couple weeks ago, the mask mandate had been lifted, but a few places still wanted people to wear them. We were headed to a concert, but we're window shopping on our way to the venue My wife wander into a shop and the lady asked us if we could put on a mask. I, without thinking, said "no thanks, I'm just gonna raw dog that oxygen" and wandered back out.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back