Caribou Gear Tarp

Geezer connects!

MarvB

I'll let noharley fill us in on the action:

harley2.jpg

harley1.jpg

Took this 8 pt. last Thursday in a horizontal snow storm @ 3:45 p.m. in cover between a creek & a pasture. He broadsided at 25 yards. 140 gr. accubond from a 270 short mag.

Sorry about the blood on the antlers.

Nice One! Now if we can just work on that smile, Hell, I smiled looking at it! You even had a Louisiana Guard Dog watching it! WTG, John

Great whitetail! You must live in or near the panhandle. We got a few inches from that same storm. Is that a private or public land buck?

B-stew...we got about 4-6 inches last thursday...didn't stay long.

Ith... hit him in the hair...that's all I saw at my lowest x setting:eek: ...j/k,shoulder bone fragment took out both lungs. Weak g1's (2 and 3 inches) but nice 2's & 3's, good mass, & 20" mains...guessing about 4 1/2 yrs.

Ovis....north central Texas...just below the red river...about 150 miles due south of OK City. Leased free range private land.

...thanks all

Good looking 3 point. ;) Looks like great hunting weather. Congrats, and thanks for the pics.

Oak...waxing gibbous near full moon.;)

CJ...thanks, I now consider you the smartest guy on HT.:D

Idaho Ron...I'd say body wise he's a tad smaller than most of the mature bucks in this area...he field dressed about 120...prolly about 25-30% off his pre-rut weight...like many of the decent bucks I've taken post rut, a little skinny, leggy, and hollow jowled...guess you could say the single life finally killed him.:) We will occasionally have one in this area that'll go over 200 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back