Caribou Gear

Ford Maverick

I’d consider one. And the comparison to a minivan is highly inaccurate. I had an SUV for a while and no matter how hard you try, the mud and blood and filth makes its way into the cab. The separation of the truck bed is invaluable for that reason. But I will admit I’ll lose many a phallus pendulating contest when I pull up to the local bar with it.

I was very interested when they announced the Maverick, right up until Ford forgot to put a low range in a truck. The world needs more compact, off-road capable, fuel efficient trucks to choose from. Personally, I use my Power Wagon off-road for a great portion of its life, and that is one place where a Ridgeline, Maverick, or any of those truck imposters will always fall short. Anyone who says those are just is good, is simply deluding themselves, those cars aren't even making it to the trailheads where we typically hunt.

@nick87 There isn't anything this "truck" can do that the minivan won't, fold down the seats.

Except save you $15K, or upwards of 30%
That $20,000 figure is for a FWD, hybrid version. The 4WD has a gas motor, no electric and certainly no 40 mpg. I wonder how much extra the 4WD option adds to the bait & switch price Ford is bragging about.

Although this made me chuckle, check out the tests that TFL did. It's not unimpressive
I've gotta admit, that was impressive. You could tell the TFL guys were impressed as well. The Maverick isn't right for me, but I really like the idea of a Bronco Sport, which is manufactured in the same factory, for our next vehicle.

I was very interested when they announced the Maverick, right up until Ford forgot to put a low range in a truck. The world needs more compact, off-road capable, fuel efficient trucks to choose from. Personally, I use my Power Wagon off-road for a great portion of its life, and that is one place where a Ridgeline, Maverick, or any of those truck imposters will always fall short. Anyone who says those are just is good, is simply deluding themselves, those cars aren't even making it to the trailheads where we typically hunt.
Again, this is not marketed to those people

I already ordered one. I ordered it back in October, and I'll be lucky if I get it this year. My son ordered one back in July, and should get it in a few weeks. I already own a Tundra, but for 90% of what I use it for I could use a Maverick. As far as hunting with it goes, I killed my first elk last weekend of November in the snow in Montana, and all I had for a hunting rig was a Buick Regal.

There isn't anything this "truck" can do that the minivan won't, fold down the seats.
Ford Maverick:
200″ L x 73″ W x 69″ H
Towing capacity: 2,000 lbs
Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L 4-cylinder

Toyota Sienna:
201"L x 77"W x 69" H
Towing capacity: 3,500 lbs
Engine: 3.5 L V6

Ford Maverick:
200″ L x 73″ W x 69″ H
Towing capacity: 2,000 lbs
Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L 4-cylinder