PEAX Equipment

Ford Maverick

They apparently know their market.

From the OP article 😲

..."the Maverick will also offer more traction off-road, or in winter weather, thanks to the availability of a true four-wheel drive powertrain. It even offers more payload capacity (1,500 pounds) than popular body-on-frame trucks like the Toyota Tacoma. And it bests the Tacoma in one other important metric too: it can carry full size sheets of plywood in its bed."

Grocery getter. And why the Maverick moniker? Used to be a car under that name. Even came with a 302 V8. My bud in high-school had a couple. Ford even used the Lightning name on an electric. No wonder I don't but Fords. mtmuley
A neighbor kid had the car. We took an ax and cut the entire top off so it was a convertible. Raced that thing all around their acreage and they had a low spot that we would drive it through. Ramped up the high side and completely bent everything on the front end. Good times back then.

I've heard and read nothing but great things about the maverick. I believe it fits a niche for a large portion of people that live in larger cities.

Eventually I will probably buy one myself, after
my "real truck" is long paid off. Most of the time I need something to drive around town and occasionally haul a light trailer or washing machine in the bed of. The Maverick fits that bill well.
When it is time for off-road adventures or hauling heavy stuff I'll grab the Ram

A 4.5’ bed wouldn’t even hold two dog crates and a cooler of beer.
You and Mtmuley are not the target market, but 90% of the people driving trucks don't need 'em and this would be a much cheaper way to have the utility of a bed big enough to throw a deer in, get some plywood home from the lumberyard, etc. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would hold one dog crate and a cooler of beer.

I've thought about one later on when my car is dead. My F150 is only used to haul my ATV trailer now so it can be scrapped and the Maverick do my light hauling. Assuming I was retired by then, fuel mileage wouldn't be quite as important as it is right now.

You and Mtmuley are not the target market, but 90% of the people driving trucks don't need 'em and this would be a much cheaper way to have the utility of a bed big enough to throw a deer in, get some plywood home from the lumberyard, etc. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would hold one dog crate and a cooler of beer.
Think I could fit two dogs, a shotty and a 12 pack of PBR in one of these?

133095F7-F0FE-4193-92E2-89B39A041EB8.jpeg

What are you buying half sheets of plywood? If you want a truck buy a truck not a glorified El camino

Grocery getter. And why the Maverick moniker? Used to be a car under that name. Even came with a 302 V8. My bud in high-school had a couple. Ford even used the Lightning name on an electric. No wonder I don't but Fords. mtmuley
I like the name. Gives me a chance to practice my Tina Fey/Sarah Palin impression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back