Football General Talk

Cowboys squeezed by, should not have been that close. I think both 11-5 NFC East teams are going to struggle in the postseason.
Especially w/ home field advantage - zero losses this year. That close to losing...

That said, I never really understood how final two minutes to half or end and the team kicks ass... What the hell happened to the other 56 minutes of game time???
This happens so frequently and with sooo many teams, it's astonishing!

Especially w/ home field advantage - zero losses this year. That close to losing...

That said, I never really understood how final two minutes to half or end and the team kicks ass... What the hell happened to the other 56 minutes of game time???
This happens so frequently and with sooo many teams, it's astonishing!
Coaches call plays VERY conservatively.

I'm getting sick to death of half of the completed passes being behind the line of scrimmage, another symptom of the same thing.

Newbie Vikings QB Hall looks terrible out there…holds the ball forever, poor release on the ball, inaccurate throws, poor pocket awareness. Just the yips, or is this guy a real lemon?

Vikings are not looking so hot tonight. @Big Fin you doing ok?
Oh, I'm fine. Just home from the last hunt of the year.

This first half is pretty standard for MN. Limp along enough to maybe have a slight hope, then shit the bed at home when it matters most. Any Vikings fan surprised by tonight's first half must be a recent convert.

If I had a DraftKings account, I would have bet on something similar to this first half outcome.

I was on the road in December and Mrs. Fin and I went to the Vikings-Raiders game. The most boring NFL game in a decade. It was pretty obvious what a sad state of affairs they were in by watching that game in person.

They've wasted the last three drafts, getting very little to show for all the picks they had. Result is a multi-year set back while the other teams have been making progress. I had hopes for the new GM, but so far he seems over his head. How Hunter isn't signed to an extension by now is GM malpractice. Cousins offered a hometown discount for an extension last summer that was declined. With the debacle of these three backup QBs, Cousins now has all the leverage even coming off a torn achilles and to resign him is going to cost a lot more than it would have last summer. If he even wants to subject himself to that.

I think O'Connell is a good coach. I think Flores is a good DC, but likely will be a HC after this season. I'd be looking at changing the GM if he can't put together decent pieces in the offseason and the finally hit some picks in the draft.

Given how bad the OL has been since Cousins came to MN, it's a miracle this season was his first injury. And that was a non-contact injury. That OL needs an entire new interior for any QB to survive.

Even with that gloomy reality, SKOL!

Oh, I'm fine. Just home from the last hunt of the year.

This first half is pretty standard for MN. Limp along enough to maybe have a slight hope, then shit the bed at home when it matters most. Any Vikings fan surprised by tonight's first half must be a recent convert.

If I had a DraftKings account, I would have bet on something similar to this first half outcome.

I was on the road in December and Mrs. Fin and I went to the Vikings-Raiders game. The most boring NFL game in a decade. It was pretty obvious what a sad state of affairs they were in by watching that game in person.

They've wasted the last three drafts, getting very little to show for all the picks they had. Result is a multi-year set back while the other teams have been making progress. I had hopes for the new GM, but so far he seems over his head. How Hunter isn't signed to an extension by now is GM malpractice. Cousins offered a hometown discount for an extension last summer that was declined. With the debacle of these three backup QBs, Cousins now has all the leverage even coming off a torn achilles and to resign him is going to cost a lot more than it would have last summer. If he even wants to subject himself to that.

I think O'Connell is a good coach. I think Flores is a good DC, but likely will be a HC after this season. I'd be looking at changing the GM if he can't put together decent pieces in the offseason and the finally hit some picks in the draft.

Given how bad the OL has been since Cousins came to MN, it's a miracle this season was his first injury. And that was a non-contact injury. That OL needs an entire new interior for any QB to survive.

Even with that gloomy reality, SKOL!
Maybe you need to convert your basketball foul speech to football.

Look coach, you have 53 players. You need to keep 23 to finish the game. You have 30 players that can get out there and rack up personal fouls taking out those receivers. Go all CPA on him…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back