Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Football General Talk

They are following the contract?
IDK? His contract is guaranteed if he is on the roster for 2025. Most people say he was/is going to get cut before then. The Broncos knew they’d be in this situation when the contract was agreed to but not having a good couple of years with the team is going to make that an easier decision.

Yup. You’re right. But they are paying him for the last 2 games even if he doesn’t play.

This was interesting as I thought they had an out after this season. They are apparently looking to move on this off season and let someone else deal with that contract. However, no team will take him if he doesn’t agree to restructure.

Yup. You’re right. But they are paying him for the last 2 games even if he doesn’t play.

This was interesting as I thought they had an out after this season. They are apparently looking to move on this off season and let someone else deal with that contract. However, no team will take him if he doesn’t agree to restructure.
He might agree to restructure for the right team. I was very optimistic about his move to Denver, but they have handled a LOT of things poorly.

David
NM

From my understanding, they asked him to restructure or they weren’t going to play him the last 2 games to avoid him getting hurt and his 2024 salary becoming guaranteed. He’s out of guaranteed money after this season, so they can move on without paying him anymore than his last 2 checks.
No. His 2024 money is fully guaranteed already. This is about triggering his 2025 guarantee. The broncos have paid him $85 mil and will pay him next year's salary as well. He will get his $124 mil that was guaranteed on his contract, although probably playing next year on the league minimum somewhere like Atlanta.

Ya'll are missing a barn burner at ATT Stadium (Cotton Bowl) where at half THE Ohio State leads Mizzou 3-0
That was unwatchable. As a lifelong Wolverine fan it always warms my heart to see the boots put to the Suckeyes, but that was an affront to the sport. I'm just learning that Missouri won, it's unfortunate that the transfers & opt outs won't share in the humiliation they helped showcase. I'm hoping that the future of NIL will include no-play/no-pay clauses.

Go Blue!

I'm hoping that the future of NIL will include no-play/no-pay clauses.

I was thinking about the same thing recently. Something has to give with these bowl games- I know that college football is a money cow, but it can’t continue to be lucrative to put on these awful bowl games (many with 10k people in the stands). Who knows, maybe I’m way off.

The expanded playoff may help- that game last night would have looked a lot different if it meant something.

Maybe so, but they are making themselves and their conference look like they don’t belong. Which is what the committee essentially said.
1 reason they are not in the playoff. The QB got injured period. It's garbage and they chose ratings over what's right.

1 reason they are not in the playoff. The QB got injured period. It's garbage and they chose ratings over what's right.
That's correct, their starting quarterback was out and the Committee felt FSU wouldn't be competitive going against a top tier team. Turns out they were right. Not a slight on FSU, just the reality of the situation.

Sorry if that’s your team, but there’s no way they deserved to be in the playoffs.
I don't even understand how it came to be that UGA and FSU played each other at all today, but I don't follow college ball.

I did find this on ESPN. And a similar story about Ohio SU as well. College football is totally F'ed Up.

Florida State (13-1) failed to make the CFP cut despite winning the Atlantic Coast Conference title. Because of transfers, opt-outs and injuries, the Seminoles were without players who were responsible for 97% of their passing yards, 88% of their rushing yards and 84% of their receptions this season.

I don't even understand how it came to be that UGA and FSU played each other at all today, but I don't follow college ball.

I did find this on ESPN. And a similar story about Ohio SU as well. College football is totally F'ed Up.

Florida State (13-1) failed to make the CFP cut despite winning the Atlantic Coast Conference title. Because of transfers, opt-outs and injuries, the Seminoles were without players who were responsible for 97% of their passing yards, 88% of their rushing yards and 84% of their receptions this season.
Yea and somehow today getting rolled by Georgia shows they weren't worthy of the CFP. Give me a break that team went on spring break 1 second after the committee announced the 4 teams.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back