Football General Talk

Damn, I hate to hear the Saints are losing Payton. Back to being the Ain’ts

If he ends up in Dallas, as rumored, look out. He will win there.

I don’t think Payton is going to Dallas. He still has 2 years left on his contract so that means there would have to be some sort of trade. Possible but I don’t see it. He will be in the booth.

I don’t think Payton is going to Dallas. He still has 2 years left on his contract so that means there would have to be some sort of trade. Possible but I don’t see it. He will be in the booth.
Or he could travel around the league as a consultant, giving workshops on how to set up a quarterback bounty system. :mad: :mad:

I thought it was only one year, but maybe you’re right. Now that he’s stepped away, a trade becomes much more likely, because he has essentially quit the Saints and they could get something for him. If you believe what he said yesterday, he’s going to take the year off.

His ex wife and kids live in Dallas. He was a Dallas assistant. It surprises me that he hasn’t already been the head coach there.

The Vikings hired a new GM. An up and comer from Cleveland. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Now on to finding the right head coach. It also starts the every 5-8 year new hope for us old Viking fans.

Maybe even win next year. But, things change and move fast in the NFL. Whoever coaches in Dallas next year needs to win. NOW. That roster and staff has a short shelf life. mtmuley
Did I miss something?

Cowboys assure Mike McCarthy he will remain head coach in 2022 after Sean Payton steps down from Saints. The Cowboys have assured Mike McCarthy he will remain their head coach in 2022.2 hours ago

Did I miss something?

Cowboys assure Mike McCarthy he will remain head coach in 2022 after Sean Payton steps down from Saints. The Cowboys have assured Mike McCarthy he will remain their head coach in 2022.2 hours ago
Not a surprise. mtmuley

Did I miss something?

If I was the coach I’d trust Jerry saying that about as much anyone over 50 can trust a fart.

If I was the coach I’d trust Jerry saying that about as much anyone over 50 can trust a fart.
Payton is taking a year off. If Jones wants him, he will wait. I think he should can McCarthy and give the head coaching job to Dan Quinn. Retain Kellen Moore as OC. Other than that, Mike keeps his job.. mtmuley

Actually, as much as people like to b!tch about Jerry he has been pretty patient with coaches. I know he is seen as a meddling owner but look at their roster. They have done pretty dang well in the draft over the years. Now do I see them winning it all with McCarthy. Nope. I think that was a bad choice but he will get at least another year.

Actually, as much as people like to b!tch about Jerry he has been pretty patient with coaches. I know he is seen as a meddling owner but look at their roster. They have done pretty dang well in the draft over the years. Now do I see them winning it all with McCarthy. Nope. I think that was a bad choice but he will get at least another year.
Holy shit what Jimmie Johnson in his day could do with this team. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back