Football General Talk

The Vikings hired a new GM. An up and comer from Cleveland. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Now on to finding the right head coach. It also starts the every 5-8 year new hope for us old Viking fans.
I want to trade every tradeable player over the age of 28 for draft capital, cut every player over the age of 30 who is not tradeable and makes more than $4MM per season. Stop overpaying for RBs and LBs. Go 1-16 next year and draft 'Bama's Young as a franchise QB and build around him. The window on this team has closed. I do not want to stay in alternating 8-9 and 9-8 seasons - never good enough to win it all but never bad enough to get the transformational young cheap talent in the draft we need.

I want to trade every tradeable player over the age of 28 for draft capital, cut every player over the age of 30 who is not tradeable and makes more than $4MM per season. Stop overpaying for RBs and LBs. Go 1-16 next year and draft 'Bama's Young as a franchise QB and build around him. The window on this team has closed. I do not want to stay in alternating 8-9 and 9-8 seasons - never good enough to win it all but never bad enough to get the transformational young cheap talent in the draft we need.
Well, you think big. I think they can win with what they have, more or less. I doubt, however, their chances at getting a great head coach or even one as good as they let go.

They could and should, easily win the conference next year. GB is way overrated. And they are one Prima Donna tyrade away from being without any quarterback worth mentioning.

But no matter what, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I am a fan, but I'm not a fanatic.

Payton is taking a year off. If Jones wants him, he will wait. I think he should can McCarthy and give the head coaching job to Dan Quinn. Retain Kellen Moore as OC. Other than that, Mike keeps his job.. mtmuley
Jerry very May well wait for him, but I would be Leary of a person who “takes a year off” with one year left on his contract. If he still had breeze and a championship caliber team would he take the year off or would he finish his contract out?

Jerry very May well wait for him, but I would be Leary of a person who “takes a year off” with one year left on his contract. If he still had breeze and a championship caliber team would he take the year off or would he finish his contract out?
I would have to say he would finish out his contract. mtmuley

Sean Payton contract details​

Payton signed a contract with the Saints in 2019 that made him one of the highest-paid coaches in the NFL. It was a five-year pact that paid him roughly $9 million annually. He made it through just two of those seasons before opting to step away.

However, Payton will still be under contract for the next three years despite leaving. As such, if he wants to return to the NFL in 2023, the Saints will still own his rights for at least another season.

What does that mean? A team would have to compensate the Saints to hire Payton, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Sean Payton contract details​

Payton signed a contract with the Saints in 2019 that made him one of the highest-paid coaches in the NFL. It was a five-year pact that paid him roughly $9 million annually. He made it through just two of those seasons before opting to step away.

However, Payton will still be under contract for the next three years despite leaving. As such, if he wants to return to the NFL in 2023, the Saints will still own his rights for at least another season.

What does that mean? A team would have to compensate the Saints to hire Payton, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
He continues to show low character - makes a 5 year commitment, pushes for lots of big "win now contracts" and when that comes home to roost in $70 million over cap and no foreseeable qb he just quits. Payton is one of the lowest character people in the NFL in my opinion.

Last edited:
Payton is taking a year off. If Jones wants him, he will wait. I think he should can McCarthy and give the head coaching job to Dan Quinn. Retain Kellen Moore as OC. Other than that, Mike keeps his job.. mtmuley
Hmm...how many years of coach Garret 8-8 seasons did we have to endure before he finally got rid of him?

He continues to show low character - makes a 5 year commitment, pushes for lots of big "win now contracts" and when that comes home to roost in $70 million over cap and no foreseeable qb he just quits. Payton is one of the lowest character people in the NFL in my opinion.
Don't know the man so can't judge his character. But, if he showed up in Minnesota and brought a Lombardi to the Vikings, nobody would question his character. mtmuley

Mine too.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back