Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Football General Talk

Marino, Elway, Montana, Rodgers, Favre. I think all those guys were better. They just didn't pile up rings for various reasons. And never, ever discount the Belichik connection. mtmuley
Marino was like Manning - a regular season stat machine that was much less to watch in the post season. Elway lost his super bowls when he mattered and they watched his RBs get him a pair at the end. I have watched thousands of snaps by Rogers and he is alot closer to Marino and Manning than to Montana and Brady. Favre is Favre - the most fun to watch, but his clear flaws cut against him making top three.

So, Montana I get. The rest not even close.

Last edited:
And if we expand GOAT beyond QB, then Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor and Jim Brown are worth adding to the debate.
Barry sanders...hands down. He played on straight garbage his entire career and still couldn't be stopped, barely could contain him half the time. Even tho the entire world knew he was getting the ball.
Jerry Rice one of my favorite players of all time no doubt but he played with real football players around him.

Hunttalks very own Adam schefter!

It's a bittersweet feeling I have. As a bills fan I despised him but always recognized his talent. It's like the evil empire has left...your glad but who will fill the shoes?
Power vacuum. Not good see middle eastern dictator list.
Unless you are a bills or chiefs fan.

Marino was like Manning - a regular season stat machine that was much less to watch in the post season. Elway lost his super bowls when he mattered and they watched his RBs get him a pair at the end. I have watched thousands of snaps by Rogers and he is alot closer to Marino and Manning than to Montana and Brady. Favre is Favre - the most fun to watch, but his clear flaws cut against him making top three.

So, Montana I get. The rest not even close.
They all had a better skill set as a quarterback. So does Mahomes and Josh Allen. Without his coaching for 20 years, he doesn't get 7. If he had 1 ring, we wouldn't be talking about it. mtmuley

IG and Insta....these are the days
1643507007728.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back