Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Food for thought

Different strokes for different folks. 5 minutes was enough for me. Don't take it personal.
Fine if you aren’t interested, fine if you don’t like it. Posting random bs after not even taking the time to listen to enough to hear the point is my objection.

With the current tribalization of the US I’m going to start forcing my friends to offer a firm stance on the subject that truly matters. Waffle House, IHOP, or Denny’s?

Time to find out what these so called “friends” of mine really stand for.

I’m 100% in the Waffle House camp and anyone who isn’t is an enemy of the state.
You’re dead to me ;)

VG, how many here have the time to selectively choose a 45 minute video to watch based on a HT members suggestion for a "food for thought" base of interest?

I'm sure it holds your time and apparently enough to share their first few minutes listening and a guy starts off with opinionated ramblings of right /left to hook people to listen further, and you're peeved people don't listen further, rather they share why they didn't... Well hell, you're the one who chose this audience to share this "food for thought".

Unless this is from a close friend of mine who is sharing a significant 45 minute video about how to... Fish a specific area or hunt a specific animal that s/he felt we would greatly benefit from the 45 minutes, it's highly likely not something that clutches my 45 minutes.

So, when an author or narrator/philosopher or whatever can not capture the majority of this audience's attention, in fact, turning them off, here's some food for thought: He needs to consider how to keep fish on his hook, not prematurely jerk his rod.

I'm sure you have your objections, after all, your legal ears held time to listen.

VG, how many here have the time to selectively choose a 45 minute video to watch based on a HT members suggestion for a "food for thought" base of interest?

I'm sure it holds your time and apparently enough to share their first few minutes listening and a guy starts off with opinionated ramblings of right /left to hook people to listen further, and you're peeved people don't listen further, rather they share why they didn't... Well hell, you're the one who chose this audience to share this "food for thought".

Unless this is from a close friend of mine who is sharing a significant 45 minute video about how to... Fish a specific area or hunt a specific animal that s/he felt we would greatly benefit from the 45 minutes, it's highly likely not something that clutches my 45 minutes.

So, when an author or narrator/philosopher or whatever can not capture the majority of this audience's attention, in fact, turning them off, here's some food for thought: He needs to consider how to keep fish on his hook, not prematurely jerk his rod.

I'm sure you have your objections, after all, your legal ears held time to listen.
Bingo. We have a winner!

Sytes nailed it. And I read "The Coddling of the American Mind" and I thought it interesting. But anyone who starts a talk by showing half his audience how elite he is, and how far elevated he is above the mere peasants deserves to be panned.

I told folks it was long and have no problem if folks have no interest in long items. I told “conservatives” to make it worthwhile they would have to stick with it for awhile. But to each their own.

What I don’t like is when I told folks it was long and they needed to stick with it to understand the offering to have a bunch of ignorant remarks based on 5 min takes away from a discussion of those who we’re interested in the full thing.

Some topics don’t lend themselves to Facebook sized sound bites and gotchas. Some speakers/topics don’t improve by pandering to hook an audience with a 5 minute attention span. In fact, speakers who worry about that are more entertainers and salesman. This video was intended as neither. It was meant to be an intelligent discussion of complex topics.

Very little is learned if a person quits listening if their biases aren’t fully validate in the first 10% of an item. That pretty much is what has happened to America these days. And for those who did have interest in watching the video they heard about one perspective of why based on years of research but maybe it is just better to let Tucker and AOC tell us what to think in 2 minute sound bites.

Nothing about this post was meant to push a view, it was to have a thoughtful discussion. Your remarks act like there was an agenda to push. I really don’t care if folks are left or right, res or non-res, outfitters or public land hunters. I care that we not blindly take the tribal path of vilinization of those who disagree with us in whatever the topic and that if we care enough to have strong opinions on a topic that we actually take the time to understand and learn about it from a variety of angles.

So you do you, but if your fight or flight response kicked in the first five minutes maybe it is time to step back and ask how such a mild video could do that. Too many Americans spend the days in full-on vigilance mode. It is not healthy for them or the nation we profess to love.

The one guy who would know what I mean with this is in NM right now closing in on a big bull. " dude did he want me to bring a note book"

Sytes nailed it. And I read "The Coddling of the American Mind" and I thought it interesting. But anyone who starts a talk by showing half his audience how elite he is, and how far elevated he is above the mere peasants deserves to be panned.
You proved one of his points very well thank you. Save yourself the trouble of thinking and just find the first criticism you can and dismiss the entire discussion/concept with no actual effort, insight or god forbid tiny question about your pre-conditioned biases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back