Food for thought

I've listened to some of it. I will try to listen to the rest in the next day ir so.

I can say, in the first 15 minutes, he points out things which I see ij my daily life.

Work disputes, class disputes amd every day arguments.

I have witnessed people who are totally incapable if interaction because of one thing the other person says or does.

We are a very divided country right now.

We are a very divided country right now.
Yep. And a divided HT maybe. I think shit like this should be left out of this site. The thing we all have in common here is our passion for hunting, conservation and passing it on. I don't need or want the other crap. mtmuley

With the current tribalization of the US I’m going to start forcing my friends to offer a firm stance on the subject that truly matters. Waffle House, IHOP, or Denny’s?

Time to find out what these so called “friends” of mine really stand for.

I’m 100% in the Waffle House camp and anyone who isn’t is an enemy of the state.
Prior to March of 2021 I'd never set foot in a Waffle House , nor seen one in person. They are FREAKING EVERYWHERE on the east coast/south, unbelievable. Some towns had more waffle houses than gas stations, and why is every Waffle House within 100 yards of a used car lot? I'm not going to comment on the quality of the food, but the people watching was on the next level.

Yep. And a divided HT maybe. I think shit like this should be left out of this site. The thing we all have in common here is our passion for hunting, conservation and passing it on. I don't need or want the other crap. mtmuley
Except this thread was started to address the blow up hunting and conservation threads. It was not focused on politics. People are bringing the same behaviors to the tag allocation threads as these authors are seeing in political contexts. Closing our eyes to the problem that shows up on just about every thread except kill pics and music threads doesn’t help the forum long term. Hell I would rather argue tax policy on HT than res/non-res allocation and the role of non-res in public land advocacy. The later get much nastier and more personal more quickly. Which is not good. The behaviors and discourse around public land and tag topics on this forum has me less engaged/concerned with public land issues than before I joined. A damn shame because there are a lot of good ideas and folks out their, but we tribe up on every damn little thing.

Except this thread was started to address the blow up hunting and conservation threads. It was not focused on politics. People are bringing the same behaviors to the tag allocation threads as these authors are seeing in political contexts. Closing our eyes to the problem that shows up on just about every thread except kill pics and music threads doesn’t help the forum long term. Hell I would rather argue tax policy on HT than res/non-res allocation and the role of non-res in public land advocacy. The later get much nastier and more personal more quickly. Which is not good. The behaviors and discourse around public land and tag topics on this forum has me less engaged/concerned with public land issues than before I joined. A damn shame because there are a lot of good ideas and folks out their, but we tribe up on every damn little thing.
Then why are you here? mtmuley

The problem and reality you fail to grasp is that the "other crap" is exactly why our passion for hunting, conservation, and passing it on is in jeopardy.

I believe that's the point vikingsguy is attempting to get through to you.

Denial and complacency fix nothing.

We all hold personal values. Here is one list of values from which people find those they subscribe to most strongly. We make the best personal decisions when our choice reflects our values. I'm posting this to illustrate that knowing one's values informs who and what ideas each of us identifies with. Values help us understand why we support one set of ideas, and reject another. Note that 2 people who each hold the same value as very important can be on opposite sides of an issue because of how they apply that value. My friendly challenge is to select from this list 3-5 values that resonate strongly, then see how those values are reflected in your beliefs and political orientation.

Values can be a workbook for applying critical thinking to complex issues, instead of taking the word of a figurehead or tribe you identify with, for reasons you haven't considered.

A list of values:
  • Acceptance: to be open to and accepting of myself, others, and life.
  • Adventure: to be adventurous; to actively seek, create, or explore novel or stimulating experiences.
  • Assertiveness: to respectfully stand up for my rights and request what I want.
  • Authenticity: to be authentic, genuine, real; to be true to myself.
  • Beauty: to appreciate, create, nurture, or cultivate beauty in myself, others, and the environment.
  • Caring: to be caring towards myself, others, and the environment.
  • Challenge: to keep challenging myself to grow, learn, and improve.
  • Compassion: to act with kindness towards those who are suffering.
  • Connection: to engage fully in whatever I am doing and be fully present with others.
  • Contribution: to contribute, help, assist, or make a positive difference to myself or others.
  • Conformity: to be respectful and obedient of rules and obligations.
  • Cooperation: to be cooperative and collaborative with others.
  • Courage: to be courageous or brave; to persist in the face of fear, threat, or difficulty.
  • Creativity: to be creative or innovative.
  • Curiosity: to be curious, open-minded, and interested; to explore and discover.
  • Encouragement: to encourage and reward behavior that I value in myself or others.
  • Equality: to treat others as equal to myself.
  • Excitement: to seek, create, and engage in activities that are exciting, stimulating, or thrilling.
  • Fairness: to be fair to myself or others.
  • Fitness: to maintain or improve my fitness; to look after my physical and mental health and well-being.
  • Flexibility: to adjust and adapt readily to changing circumstances.
  • Freedom: to live freely; to choose how I live and behave, or help others do likewise.
  • Friendliness: to be friendly, companionable, or agreeable towards others.
  • Forgiveness: to be forgiving towards myself or others.
  • Fun: to be fun-loving; to seek, create, and engage in fun-filled activities.
  • Generosity: to be generous, sharing, and giving to myself or others.
  • Gratitude: to be grateful for and appreciative of the positive aspects of myself, others, and life.
  • Honesty: to be honest, truthful, and sincere with myself and others.
  • Humor: to see and appreciate the humorous side of life.
  • Humility: to be humble or modest; to let my achievements speak for themselves.
  • Industry: to be industrious, hard-working, and dedicated.
  • Independence: to be self-supportive and choose my own way of doing things.
  • Intimacy: to open up, reveal, and share myself- emotionally or physically in my close personal relationships.
  • Justice: to uphold justice and fairness.
  • Kindness: to be kind, compassionate, considerate, nurturing, or caring towards myself or others.
  • Love: to act lovingly or affectionately towards myself or others.
  • Mindfulness: to be conscious of, open to, and curious about my here-and-now experience.
  • Order: to be orderly and organized.
  • Open-mindedness: to think things through, see things from others’ points of view and weigh evidence fairly.
  • Patience: to wait calmly for what I want.
  • Persistence: to continue resolutely, despite problems or difficulties.
  • Pleasure: to create and give pleasure to myself or others.
  • Power: to strongly influence or wield authority over others, e.g. taking charge, leading, and organizing.
  • Reciprocity: to build relationships in which there is a fair balance of giving and taking.
  • Respect: to be respectful towards myself or others; to be polite, considerate and
    show positive regard.
  • Responsibility: to be responsible and accountable for my actions.
  • Romance: to be romantic; to display and express love or strong affection.
  • Safety: to secure, protect, or ensure safety of myself or others.
  • Self-awareness: to be aware of my own thoughts, feelings, and actions.
  • Self-care: to look after my health and well-being and get my needs met.
  • Self-development: to keep growing, advancing, or improving in knowledge, skills, character or life experience.
  • Self-control: to act in accordance with my own ideals.
  • Sensuality: to create, explore, and enjoy experiences that stimulate the five senses.
  • Sexuality: to explore or express my sexuality.
  • Spirituality: to connect with things bigger than myself.
  • Skillfulness: to continually practice and improve my skills and apply myself fully when using them.
  • Supportiveness: to be supportive, helpful, encouraging, and available to myself or others
  • Trust: to be trustworthy; to be loyal, faithful, sincere, and reliable.

I've tried to make some commen sense out of this thread. But I can't find much. 6 pages of folks bitching about how folks bitch I think.
How about some stories relating to hunting n such. Do folks around here go hunting? Get out?

Are we really that divided or are we all just a bunch of truckers that like talking shit on the cb (internet)?

Are things really that bad?
Isn’t it hard to starve to death here?
Don’t we pretty much all get free I phones?
There’s definitely some radical retards out there, but overall...
is it really that bad?

Are we really that divided or are we all just a bunch of truckers that like talking shit on the cb (internet)?

Are things really that bad?
Isn’t it hard to starve to death here?
Don’t we pretty much all get free I phones?
There’s definitely some radical retards out there, but overall...
is it really that bad?
I kind of agree with you. Some time spent in 3rd world countries would give a lot of Americans some valuable perspective.

I think if we went back to consuming a newspapers worth of news a day things might not seem so dire as well. We, as a population, are not handling 24 hour a day news very well, in my opinion.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back