MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Food for thought

VikingsGuy

So, how does the following relate to hunting? This forum is a never-ending stream of folks bunching into pre-ordained groups and lobbing criticism at the others. Landowner tags? APR? Tag allocations? Non-res hunting opportunity? Tag prices? Conservation easements? Multi-use land management? Opportunity vs Rack-size? '06 vs PRC, let alone all the political things that crop up. Our nation would be a lot better off if it all came with a dose of intellectual humility and good grace. While a bit long (45min) this video is one of the best explanations of the origin of our problem, and an understanding of our we may more productively work through our challenges.

Before the folks on the right dismiss this guy out of hand, he is one of a very few strong and coherent voices in favor of viewpoint diversity in the public square and in academia and a critic of victim identity politics. Turn off your buzzword filters and listen all the way through.

Listen to the whole thing, or read his book, or watch his Tedd talk or shut the f__ up. I agree with some of his thoughts and disagree with others but he is an intelligent and thoughtful thinker who is actually a real world advocate for some rational conservative approaches/perspectives.

It is embarrassing that a discussion of human cognitive biases and how they shape the current mess is some how controversial leftist stuff. As my son texts #smfh

Last edited:
I read The Righteous Mind in 2016. Might have to revisit it, but it was depressing back then and I bet even more so now.

I like Jonathan Haidt. I've read his most widely-known book, "The Coddling of the American Mind". Right-leaning or conservative people would probably find a lot of his thoughts on some of the things regularly dissected on this very forum pretty appealing.

Also, the idea of liberals being more open to experience is not a new or controversial idea. Certain personality traits correlate really strongly with political orientation.

Listen to the whole thing, or read his book, or watch his Tedd talk or shut the f__ up. I agree with some of his thoughts and disagree with others but he is an intelligent and thoughtful thinker who is actually a real world advocate for some rational conservative approaches/perspectives.

It is embarrassing that a discussion of human cognitive biases and how they shape the current mess is some how controversial leftist stuff. As my son texts #smfh
Take your own suggestion fill in the blank on your demand tolerant liberal.

Different strokes for different folks. 5 minutes was enough for me. Don't take it personal.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back