Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First hand Covid symptoms

Some retrospect for perspective, not sure this has been posted...not a long read. I have been impressed with Bourla so far.
Just think 18 months ago most of US society was sure Big Pharma was the root of all evil. Now they are the savior. 8 months ago all frontline health care workers were heroes. Now the ones that don't want to get the vaccine are illogical, foolish, uncaring aholes who deserve to lose their jobs. Its hard to keep up.

The girlfriend just finished getting over COVID. Headaches, lost of taste and congestion were her symptoms. When she first began to have symptoms she called the urgent care who stated she should not get tested, she had not lost her taste at this point and they attributed her lone congestion symptom to a common cold. Once she did lose her taste she got tested and showed positive. We live together, I had spent five days with her since her initial symptoms up to her positive test and I never got it and tested negative (had to pay $125 to get tested due to not having any symptoms regardless of my amount of exposure). Who knows why I didn’t get it, vaccine, possibly having it it January 2020 before we knew it was a thing and I had all the symptoms and was the sickest I’ve ever been resulting in some sort of increased immunity, or a combo of both 🤷🏻‍♂️. Other people in her office have began to get it from various unrelated sources, luckily when she began to get sick she stayed home. Best of luck to anyone out there who has been affected in any shape or form by COVID.

Last edited:
I was fully vaccinated by the end of March this year. I let my guard down and went to a fund raiser that supports my daughters dance team on 8/13. I was sick by 8/17. It took me 2 days to get a testing appointment at Walgreens (PCR test) and I'm still waiting on my test results. Samples are overnighted to the lab. Turn around time is suppose to be 24 hours and I've I've just went past 100 hours.

Just think 18 months ago most of US society was sure Big Pharma was the root of all evil. Now they are the savior. 8 months ago all frontline health care workers were heroes. Now the ones that don't want to get the vaccine are illogical, foolish, uncaring aholes who deserve to lose their jobs. Its hard to keep up.
A myriad of confusion and contradictions for sure.

I was fully vaccinated by the end of March this year. I let my guard down and went to a fund raiser that supports my daughters dance team on 8/13. I was sick by 8/17. It took me 2 days to get a testing appointment at Walgreens (PCR test) and I'm still waiting on my test results. Samples are overnighted to the lab. Turn around time is suppose to be 24 hours and I've I've just went past 100 hours.
How are you holding up? Any others that attended within your circle of associates also showing symptoms?

Here's to supporting a negative result for Covid.

Trying to get tested today or tomorrow. Had a co-worked in my office on Friday that tested positive on Monday, but definitely had symptoms on Saturday. But holy cow, it's a total CF these days. It was way easier to get tested a year ago!

How are you holding up? Any others that attended within your circle of associates also showing symptoms?

Here's to supporting a negative result for Covid.
I've only had mild symptoms so far. Started to feel better 2 days ago and feeling better every day. I'm glad I didn't have to rely on the 24 hour turn around for travel and/or work.

I haven't heard about any others at the fund raiser. There were about 250 people there. It was bingo and each team had their own tables with large areas of separation but was still all indoors. I've have been hyper vigilant, getting vaccinated asap, wearing masks, avoiding large groups of people, all shopping done thru walmarts pickup services, etc. I let my guard down to support my daughter. Glad I was vaccinated, regardless of outcome.

Trying to get tested today or tomorrow. Had a co-worked in my office on Friday that tested positive on Monday, but definitely had symptoms on Saturday. But holy cow, it's a total CF these days. It was way easier to get tested a year ago!
Agreed. I ended up going to Walgreens but took 2 days to get an appointment. I administered the test myself while sitting in the drive thru lane. My scheduled appointment was at 11:45, arrived at 11:35 and it was about 12:30 before I was able to get the test. I could have went to Urgent care but would have cost me a $100 copayment whereas the walgreens was 0 out of pocket.

To be fair, nothing is black and white, and things can and do change.

My daughter can be the sweetest thing one minute and a manipulative little hellion the next, sometimes I swear she can achieve both at the same time! And while is it hard to keep up, it's not surprising nor unexpected.

To be fair, nothing is black and white, and things can and do change.

My daughter can be the sweetest thing one minute and a manipulative little hellion the next, sometimes I swear she can achieve both at the same time! And while is it hard to keep up, it's not surprising nor unexpected.
Agreed. It will be interesting to see who will be the hero and who will be the villain in 12 months.

Negative for covid. Positive for h1n1
Best with recovery!
I was curious, as it's been a while and I'm sure you've received the most up to date medical advice for treatment...

How Is It Treated?​

Some of the same antiviral drugs that are used to treat seasonal flu also work against H1N1 swine flu. Oseltamivir (Tamiflu), peramivir (Rapivab), and zanamivir (Relenza) seem to work best, although some kinds of swine flu don’t respond to oseltamivir.

These drugs can help you get well faster. They can also make you feel better. They work best when you take them within 48 hours of the first flu symptoms, but they can help even if you get them later on.

Antibiotics won't do anything for you. That’s because flu is caused by a virus, not bacteria.

Over-the-counter pain remedies and cold and flu medications can help relieve aches, pains, and fever. Don't give aspirin to children under age 18 because of the risk of Reye’s syndrome. Make sure that over-the-counter cold medications do not have aspirin before giving them to children.

My family and I are rounding out our isolation over the holiday weekend. 75% (3 of the 4 of us) in the house tested positive in the last couple of weeks. It all started with a call from day care saying that a kid in class tested positive. Neither of our kids (2 and 4) had symptoms but we got them tested and our 4 year old came back positive. She also has type 1 diabetes so we were a bit concerned. Thankfully she never developed noticeable symptoms, although her blood sugar levels were kind of all over the place. Within a few days of receiving the kids results, my wife started with symptoms and tested positive. At that point, I tested negative. My wife and I are both vaccinated (Pfizer) and in our mid 30s and in pretty decent shape. She got bad a bad headache, stuffy nose and overall fatigue. She also lost her taste. Thankfully nothing too bad. Within 3 or so days, I woke up one night freezing. The next day I felt terrible. My fever rocketed up to 103.5 and I was completely laid out for the day and night. The next day the fever stuck around 102 and I developed a runny nose, crazy fatigue and shallow cough - kinda like when there’s something scratching your throat, but thankfully no real shortness of breath. I also ended up losing both taste and smell but things improved with each passing day. The weirdest symptom I felt was an isolated pain in my lower back that felt more than just a sore back. I am now 7 days past the symptom onset and feel mostly fine except for no taste or smell. My wife seems mostly back to normal, including her taste. Daughter hasn’t seemed to skip a beat.

As with any sickness, I don’t wish the symptoms I felt on anyone and wish everyone the best if they or others they know go rounds with Covid. Stay healthy and safe folks.

I ended back in the hospital after getting out on the 22nd of August. I came back in on the 26th, and am still in Salt Lake hospital.

My resting oxygen saturation is good. But when I move....

The bottom falls out. It's been a slow road, but hope to be out soon. It's going to take a while to recover that's for sure.

My twin sister had a family gathering on my brother-in-laws side. One of his sisters (unvaccinated) showed up sick and didn’t tell anyone. The vast majority of the family is anti-vax and pretty much everyone got it. I don’t know them well but last I heard one was on his way to the ER and another was saying his goodbyes to his family as he was life-flighted to be put on a ventilator. He may be dead already.

My sister had 1 Pfizer shot in April and had a bit of a reaction to it so her doctor advised against the 2nd. She got Covid from the gathering and was pretty miserable for 5 days but is getting better, aside from no taste or smell. All 5 of their kids from 18 months to 10 years old caught it with varying degrees of symptoms. Most were pretty miserable for a few days. I think all are over their symptoms except the 18 month old. My brother in law was fully vaccinated with Pfizer and he never got it (tested.) His parents were also vaccinated fully and didn’t get it. As far as I know, those 3 were among 4 people there out of 20-30 people that were fully vaccinated and were the only 3 to not get Covid.

She also has type 1 diabetes so we were a bit concerned. Thankfully she never developed noticeable symptoms, although her blood sugar levels were kind of all over the place.
Wow! That had to spike the parental world of concern! Glad all appears to be passing through.
You're in our thoughts and prayers.

I ended back in the hospital after getting out on the 22nd of August. I came back in on the 26th, and am still in Salt Lake hospital.

My resting oxygen saturation is good. But when I move....

The bottom falls out. It's been a slow road, but hope to be out soon. It's going to take a while to recover that's for sure.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope you get better, soon.

According to the news over ninety percent of the people in hospital now for COVID are not vaccinated. Quebec is catching hell for being the first to initiate vaccine passport. Violates personal freedom, blah, blah, blah. Those protesters need to go find their own planet to live on. One without oxygen would do. They're going to be out of gas sooner or later anyway.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back