First hand Covid symptoms

According to the news over ninety percent of the people in hospital now for COVID are not vaccinated. Quebec is catching hell for being the first to initiate vaccine passport. Violates personal freedom, blah, blah, blah. Those protesters need to go find their own planet to live on. One without oxygen would do. They're going to be out of gas sooner or later anyway.
I been tryna pop, now I’m on like Shumpert.

One of my high school best friend’s dad died from Covid yesterday. He was unvaccinated. He spent the last month in the hospital and the last 3 weeks in ICU on a ventilator. His kidneys failed and eventually his heart among many other issues. It was painful to follow along with the updates the family was sharing. It’s not a pleasant way to go.

My wife and I are fully vaccinated, her Maderna and Pfizer for me. She tested positive after being sick for 5 days. The loss of taste and smell, fatigue, headache the normal things. I tested the day after her test and came back negative. She did her time in covid jail and once it was over I retested to insure I was ok. That was last Monday they said 24 to 48 hrs for the results. I intended to attend the meeting in Bozeman at Randy's but did not get the results in time. So I canceled out, during this time I felt just fine. Thursday morning I got notified I was Covid Positive. Still no issues, then last evening I had a low grade fever. This morning no fever just a little nasal issues similar to a common cold but nothing serious. Feeling ok so far. So I'm in Covid jail until the 10th according to the person that gave me my results.
My Wife was told she would be contacted by the health dept. to check on close contacts etc. To this date she has not been contacted but she did notify everyone that she had been in contact with and I have also.
So time will tell if it gets worse or not but in the mean time I'll get some reloading finished up for 6 days of BPCR shooting. About 400 rounds of 45-70 beating up on Silhouettes. Then onto archery season. Life is good!
Dan

They're on campus not in hospital ICU. So healthy thanks to vaccine they don't even know they have the bug.
How many of the new cases in east central Illinois do you think can be attributed to asymptomatic carriers suffering from seasonal allergies?

I’m going on vacation now.
I’m done here.
Thoughts, prayers and well wishes to any and all people suffering from this sickness.

My family and I are rounding out our isolation over the holiday weekend. 75% (3 of the 4 of us) in the house tested positive in the last couple of weeks. It all started with a call from day care saying that a kid in class tested positive. Neither of our kids (2 and 4) had symptoms but we got them tested and our 4 year old came back positive. She also has type 1 diabetes so we were a bit concerned. Thankfully she never developed noticeable symptoms, although her blood sugar levels were kind of all over the place. Within a few days of receiving the kids results, my wife started with symptoms and tested positive. At that point, I tested negative. My wife and I are both vaccinated (Pfizer) and in our mid 30s and in pretty decent shape. She got bad a bad headache, stuffy nose and overall fatigue. She also lost her taste. Thankfully nothing too bad. Within 3 or so days, I woke up one night freezing. The next day I felt terrible. My fever rocketed up to 103.5 and I was completely laid out for the day and night. The next day the fever stuck around 102 and I developed a runny nose, crazy fatigue and shallow cough - kinda like when there’s something scratching your throat, but thankfully no real shortness of breath. I also ended up losing both taste and smell but things improved with each passing day. The weirdest symptom I felt was an isolated pain in my lower back that felt more than just a sore back. I am now 7 days past the symptom onset and feel mostly fine except for no taste or smell. My wife seems mostly back to normal, including her taste. Daughter hasn’t seemed to skip a beat.

As with any sickness, I don’t wish the symptoms I felt on anyone and wish everyone the best if they or others they know go rounds with Covid. Stay healthy and safe folks.
I don't like reading or hearing about vaccinated people getting covid, you have my sympathy and I hope you recover fully soon.

Good thing you had the vaccine or it likely would have been even worse, across the board it seems symptoms are less severe and recovery times much shorter.

Some of my co-workers have covid that were also vaccinated only one of them reported being really sick, the others are recovering quickly with nothing severe symptoms wise.

I ended back in the hospital after getting out on the 22nd of August. I came back in on the 26th, and am still in Salt Lake hospital.

My resting oxygen saturation is good. But when I move....

The bottom falls out. It's been a slow road, but hope to be out soon. It's going to take a while to recover that's for sure.
Is this a breakthrough case, or are you unvaccinated?

At my employer, the report goes like this:
Out of about 12000 employees, 85% vaxxed,
17 cases in June
28 cases in July
72 cases as of August 24
55 of the total were already vaccinated

Our office of 21 people, in the last 3 weeks, has had 5 confirmed cases of which 2 of them were breakthroughs. One of the two breakthroughs initially tested negative.

I'm working from home again until things cool down.

Nearly everybody in the ICU in Phoenix for Covid as of Friday is unvaccinated. That said, the majority of my social circle is unvaccinated, yet four out of the five people that I know that currently have Covid, are fully vaccinated.

Nearly everybody in the ICU in Phoenix for Covid as of Friday is unvaccinated. That said, the majority of my social circle is unvaccinated, yet four out of the five people that I know that currently have Covid, are fully vaccinated.
But they aren't in ICU either. The unvaccinated ones can just take a number and wait their turn for a ventilator. Why take the risk of getting a tube shoved down their throat? I just don't get it.

If US medical insurance companies and Medicare stopped paying COVID healthcare for unvaccinated, that would undoubtedly elevate the vaccination rate down there exponentially. My travel insurance had a COVID disclaimer. If I went to Africa and got sick with it, I was on my own which is fair enough. No way was I leaving to hunt Africa without being fully vaccinated! But of course staying alive was the chief incentive. Second on the list was setting an example for my children and grandchildren.

But they aren't in ICU either. The unvaccinated ones can just take a number and wait their turn for a ventilator. Why take the risk of getting a tube shoved down their throat? I just don't get it.

If US medical insurance companies and Medicare stopped paying COVID healthcare for unvaccinated, that would undoubtedly elevate the vaccination rate down there exponentially. My travel insurance had a COVID disclaimer. If I went to Africa and got sick with it, I was on my own which is fair enough. No way was I leaving to hunt Africa without being fully vaccinated! But of course staying alive was the chief incentive. Second on the list was setting an example for my children and grandchildren.
We get it, you get angry at others who are not as afraid as you are or who make different decisions than you You have made that point multiple times.

You really can’t help yourself, can you? You’ve been asked nicely, multiple times.

This thread is first hand COVID experiences.

Bitching, picking fights, stirring the pot about US COVID policy, politics, healthcare systems,…

7F7568AC-3708-4244-ABA4-A57F10E507A4.jpeg

Wife and I both had covid back in April , my wife has been taking Hydroxychloroquine for many years because of her arthritis , she had cold systems. For me I started coughing one night really bad and she took me to the ER. The rushed me back , took XRays and the Doc came in to the room and said , very casually , you have covid but that's not your problem. You have a nasty lung infection. I told him I thought the pain was from scar tissue from separated ribs and broken ribs. He said that's not the case. He asked what I did, told him furniture refinishing and I work with exotic woods on the lathe a lot making turkey calls. He said well that's most likely the cause. He gave me 5 pills and the infection was gone in a few days. Covid was like a couple day cold.
So I did get the 2 shots later and went turkey hunting with a buddy who owns the lab where all the test go in our area to be annualized,I told him I got the shots , he read me the riot act. Telling me I already have the anti-body's in my system. I know but I got them for one reason. I hunt a big farm in Va and have for many years. The owners were terrified of anyone coming to the farm un-vavaccinated. So to keep the piece.......

Last edited:
Just tested negatovo after getting the worst cold in many years. Had me down with chills ,fever,couldn't breathe....bad.
Neighbors family hit. He was down for 15 days & said he felt his body shutting down. Wife had it a week and still has no taste or smell senses. The 2 boys got the sniffles a few days.

So I did get the 2 shots later and went turkey hunting with a buddy who owns the lab where all the test go in our area. I told him I got the shots , he read me the riot act. Telling me I already have the anti-body's in my system. I know but I got them for one reason. I hunt a big farm in Va and have for many years. The owners were terrified of anyone coming to the farm un-vavaccinated. So to keep the piece.......
FWIW, more and more data is coming out that indicates a prior COVID-19 infection AND vaccination is providing a very strong and broad spectrum immune response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested negatovo after getting the worst cold in many years. Had me down with chills ,fever,couldn't breathe....bad.
Neighbors family hit. He was down for 15 days & said he felt his body shutting down. Wife had it a week and still has no taste or smell senses. The 2 boys got the sniffles a few days.
Just be advised we've had multiple instances in our office of people initially testing negative with the rapid test, then testing positive later with the PCR test.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back