First hand Covid symptoms

I just had it and kinda felt off the first couple days, then felt stuffy in my head and nose but could breath fine.(odd I know but thats how it felt, no obstruction in breathing but kinda like a head cold with head pressure) Noticed I couldnt smell as good or taste as good. Then I was down really hard for two days. Achy and tired. Slept for two days and then felt pretty good. Still had headaches afterwards and felt dried out in my head. Never lost full smell but like 85-90% gone. Wife same thing but not the two days down. Just kinda off.

This was well said, I think it's pretty spot on.

Purely anecdotal but for me I am becoming frustrated with people more in line with not getting the vaccine sneering and standing on their pedestal posting articles or news about breakthrough infections or the vaccines having less effectiveness/side effects. I cannot comprehend why someone would not only be happy about people getting sick/having vaccination side effects but outright cheering for it to happen. Whether or not you want the vaccine or not, the hell is wrong with people hoping the other side of the fence has long term health effects or worse? Makes me sick how the tribalism has taken hold.
This sentiment works both ways from my observations. I will say that I haven't heard anyone say that if someone vaccinated dies they would have no sympathy for them because they chose to get vaccinated. But I have heard it the other way......several times in this thread. A couple times actually today.

My household just finished getting over it last week (we all tested positive.) It started with my wife (late 20's) having a sore throat then days of congestion and coughing but no fever and nothing worse than cough and congestion. She got over it completely in about 10 days.

Our 1 year old came down with it about a week later with all the same symptoms as my wife again no fever just congestion and cough, he was clear in about 7 days.

I got it just as he was getting over his I (early 30's) had all the same symptoms except I had loss of taste and smell added on for about 4 days. Thankfully it never affected my breathing... I just hunted hard this past Saturday and put in 4.5 miles and about 2000' elevation gain and felt no different than similar hikes prior to being sick.

My 92 year old grandmother came down with it last year before there was an available vaccine, she never had anything worse than a cough for a few days.

My wife's cousin is in her early 40s and was vaccinated about a month ago, she came down with it a few days ago, started with high fevers and feeling weak, she just got admitted into the ICU and is on the highest level of oxygen she can be given.

Luckily we had nothing more than a typical bad cold, hopefully all of those who are fighting worse cases than we had will pull through!

This thread, which has been valuable in reading about the personal experiences of folks who have had Covid or the vaccine, is in a tenuous state of existence.

Abandon arguing and the accusatory, and it may survive the wrath of Those Who Lock.
There's a plethora of important subjects that deserve comments gents...

1629752960938.png

Our response to Covid-19 was doomed from the very beginning, in part, because of Politics, and instead of fighting the Virus, we started fighting amongst ourselves. After 18 months, nothing has changed and I’m afraid nothing ever will. My wife had Covid over Christmas. She was the one person I prayed would not get it due to her medical history. Except for a couple bad days, she got over it in about a week. I took care of her and kept wondering every day when I’d get it. Thankfully, I never did. Bless all those who get Covid; vaccinated or not.

This sentiment works both ways from my observations. I will say that I haven't heard anyone say that if someone vaccinated dies they would have no sympathy for them because they chose to get vaccinated. But I have heard it the other way......several times in this thread. A couple times actually today.
That's why I said it's anecdotal and said no matter what side of the fence you are on wishing death or ill will on others is wrong.

????🤔

There is conflicting information on the FDA website, so I don't know which is right. But it really doesn't matter to me. I'm scheduled for the vaccine tomorrow morning, since I'm being forced into getting it by my employer, or lose my job. I'll be getting the Johnson and Johnson, so that I only need one shot.

i think this is your key language:

"On August 23, 2021, having concluded that revising this EUA is appropriate to protect the public health or safety under section 564(g)(2) of the Act, FDA is reissuing the August 12, 2021 letter of authorization in its entirety with revisions incorporated to clarify that the EUA will remain in place for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the previously-authorized indication and uses, and to authorize use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA for certain uses that are not included in the approved BLA"

as i understand it the "BLA" is the full approval. sounds like once it became and approved and became comirnaty that precluded it from some (all?) EUA uses? this fixes that?

honestly i think it's just a fully approved vaccine that they are clarifying also has emergency use authorization, which probably widens their net a bit. maybe helps with the financial side of things too.

hell if i know what it actually means.

Last edited:
Some retrospect for perspective, not sure this has been posted...not a long read. I have been impressed with Bourla so far.

Had physical therapy this morning and Oregon healthcare workers are now mandated as of the approval to get vaxed. I asked my therapist if that means he's now due for a booster (he's been vaccinated for about 10 months now) and he said the requirements are still sketchy and he's a tad pissed about the confusion as its a "do it or loose your job" thing but the bosses haven't defined exactly what "do it" means or for how long??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back