Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Deer and Elk.. done before noon

That's a really cool looking deer.
Do you know if he had he always been a big 3?

That buck has looked the same for the past three years. He's at least 7 1/2 years old maybe 8 1/2.

We were actually making a play on another whopper 3X3 that was heavy, dark antlered and tall with eyeguards and big, deep back forks but no front forks. We bellied our way up on top of a little bare knob to get some elevation. I looked over where we had last seen him and could just see his rack above the trees but his body was'nt in view. I was trying to get her lined up on him when she asked," What about that buck?" I looked right underneath us and there was "Scabby" at only 60 meters, entertaining a hot doe. He was looking right at us, but was more interested in keeping his focus on his girlfriend than us. Kurt was about 20 feet behind us trying to stay low and out of view, wondering why we werent shooting!! He later told us that his heart rate was about 200! She got the crosshair on scabby and crushed him with a well placed shot to the boiler room with my little .308. We had a nice little hunter's celebration before we broke out the camera's.

I'll tell you this, that little lady can shoot!! She killed her cow elk earlier that morning with the same rifle at 455 meters(493 yards). It was snowing and there was some wind to boot! I'm sure that little .308 is going to cost Greenhorn some cash.....laffin!

Really fun day spent with great friends. A red letter day I wont soon forget!!

lasthunt010.jpg

Three big grins!!

Somehow I ended up with "Shopper Barbie" and Kurt got "Hunter Barbie" I'm pretty sure I didn't see that model:D The rut will make you do and see crazy things.

Greenhorn, Congrats to your GF on the great buck and cow! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Looks like a great weekend. Congrads on a great deer and putting some good steaks in the freezer with the elk.

Very cool GH. Congrats to the Great White Huntress. Love the looks of that buck. Big kudos to you and Pat for putting this together. Sure this will not be the last time she is punching tags.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back