First Deer and Elk.. done before noon

Waay cool on her first kill (s). Hey, is Spitz's sisters hat making the rounds?

Awesome pics of what looks to be a perfect day. Her smile says it all. congrats to the whole crew!

Hey, is Spitz's sisters hat making the rounds?

Looks like I'm not the only one who recognizes function and form in a hat around here!

I was breathing a sigh of relieve Greenhorn was done for the year "facing" us mere mortals,and now his GIRLFRIEND is picking up where he left off.Give us a break would you....haha...just kidding,thanks for sharing all your successful hunts.(especially liked that exceptional bull.mountain bulls seperate the men from the boys) Hem

Pat, how were you not frozen in that photo? Wasn't it below zero over there?
All he had to do is stay close to Greenhorns gal,...she's hot enough to keep his heart rate up.

Anyone notice how a nice heart shape would fit in those antlers with both those birds looking though them?

Congrats to the G.F. on taking a nice cow and one cool looking old buck. That gal is obviously having a good time and enjoying the hunt, glad to see it.

So much for the .308 not being able to kill stuff. I have been impressed with mine so far this year - two elk have suffered complete pass throughs from the OYOA .308.

Last fall while on a sheep hunt, Pat was telling me how well his .308 set up worked. Decided to get one of my own. Glad I listened.

Looks like Pat's .308 has put a few more notches in the handle. And, Greenie now has a way to fill his Christmas shopping chores for his GF. :D

Congrats to all of you. That buck is awesome. I love shooting older class animals even if they aren't the biggest ones. Nice shot on the elk too.

can you give us the skinny on that 308?

It was built by GA Precision out of Kansas City, Missouri. It weighs 7.5 pounds.
Remington 700 SA
Rock barrel #3 contour,24" 1-11"
Mcmillan Hunters Edge Stock
Pillar bedded and skimmed in Marine Tex
Badger M4 hinged floorplate
Jewell Trigger
Cerro Coated in OD green
Talley LW rings
10X42 Schmidt&Bender PMII mildot reticle

The load is:
155gr Lapua Scenar
45.5grs Varget
Federal 210 match primer
Lapua brass
COAL: 2.815"
MV 2950fps

What more could one want? Top notch all the way down.

It is top notch, rifle and scope both...BR and his stuff always is.

Unfortunately, it's also a little out of my "price point", (but only by a few K).

I'm sure hope GH makes more than me.

: )

Nice buck! Even better... you have an insanely HOT girlfriend who likes to hunt.... put a ring on her finger, you are a lucky man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back