Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Bull!

Nice bull and sounds like you have done your research! Well done.
Prime condition by the looks and he will certainly taste good on the fork.

Ditto to all that's already been said - I too look forward to that same feeling of accomplishment, so it's great to see you get it done and done right! CONGRATS!

Well done. My first thought after viewing your photos is the same response I get walking up on a dead bull....."Damn their big! Now the hard work begins".

Feels damn good to have done it in a place I researched and scouted on my own!
That's awesome that you made it work out! It is the best sense of accomplishment to have done all that work on your own and to make it payoff. I hope to do the same thing when I go Elk hunting my first time this October.

Now back to butchering. Anyone have any good knife suggestions? My butcher knifes suck!
As far as knives go, the hair is absolutely brutal on knife edges. Even the very best knife will loose its edge. I would suggest that everyone brings a good knife sharpener along with a few knives so that a hunting partner can keep sharping while the other is cutting.

As far as a knife goes.
NOTE: 1 good knife will do ya. Do not need knives.
One good sharpener.
Recommendation : I have had my Buck vanguard for 15 years. The price has doubled so it s nice investment too!
Many here like the havalon.

Awesome. Congrats! That'd be a dream come true for me.

For butchering I like my Forschner, but it's a bit differently shaped than the one linked. For their price I think they are good knives. I use mine only for boning and cutting meat.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back