MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First Bull!

Enjoyed it all. What a rush. I love that you scouted the area, made your own hunt plan, and completed the task.

Did good!

WOW! Sweet bull! Great story! Grats! A first and that is the bull? You sure set the bar high! :)

Grats! Great pictures as well!

Great job and great bull! I cant wait to my attempt starts in 2 days,19 hours and 25 mins.....

All of the 'in the house' meat cutting is pretty much done with cheap fillet knives. I find they are the best for removing membranes, fat, fascia, etc. They'll stay sharp longer than I can stand on my feet cutting up elk meat.

I've got a nice boning knife if I'm removing meat from quarters.

My field knife is a bark river classic drop point, and my favorite.

Congrats! I start repeating different mantras as I pack out. Nothing messes with your mind and body like packing out an elk on your back.

As far as knives, I have a "normal" hunting knife for the field work. I use a fillet knife for the butcher final cutting. (Trimming fat and tendons off of meat)

Congrats on your bull! Way to get it done.

For knives, I also like the forschner knives. I have the 6" curved skinning knife.

Great story and congrats! Sometimes it's just that easy, but if you don't work hard at it like you had you'll never get those opportunities. Awesome work!

Greenhorn, does the dude have a bow tag?, figured we'd see a 14 year old behind a big 400" bull already.

Congrats! that first one will always be at the top of the list, no matter what follows, which is sure to many more.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back