Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Few elk shots

Nooo! ;) Some research has shown a relatively high mortality rate due to fence collisions by sage grouse. The project I'm most familiar with showed that it happens mostly whenn escaping predators and more common near a lek.

Haha, god bless sage chickens.

To really complicate the issue, the ranch where the mortality information was gathered has had a steady increase in sage grouse numbers since the early/mid 1980s. The biologist for the ranch contributes that to the vegetation treatments and rotational grazing system they have implemented. They've killed lots of sagebrush and built lots of fences, but overall the birds have increased.

Sorry for the hijack miller!

Nice pics guys!!

Damn, its green up here this spring!!

From what I saw this afternoon, you have a little water over there.:D

2222.jpg

3333-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by:rolleyes:. The lake is rising a couple of inches a day still. it is up 12.2 feet from last June and 7 feet just from April of this year. The fishing is picking up as well.

I went to Miles City then over to Glendive and up to Plentywood last week and it is green everywhere.

The farmers are griping now it is too wet and that they need some sunshine for things to grow.

Nemont

elk

We had a little velvet in the neighbors yard this morning.
I've seen this guy a few times now, dang does that bone grow fast.

Attachments

• 2010bull.jpg
    2010bull.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 134
Nice to see things so green. Last year was pretty good too. Seems like it was green for most of the summer. Itching to get out of the house.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back