Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Federal Land for the Homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure Buzz...right on point you are.

Provide a list of ideas or policy decisions made by Trump that is looking to address the issue, in any state whether 50th or 3rd in homeless.

Bitching about a problem and pointing fingers aint hard...

I just searched state with most homeless which brings totally different results.

But ok let’s take that at face value, California is completely dominated by democrats, the democrats are supposed to be the party of the poor, the oppressed, the minority. It would certainly seem that either a. Their policies are not achieving the desired outcome or b. They aren’t who they claim to be. California has 4 times the homeless per capita as Florida just to put things in perspective . 136,000 folks on the street? Doesn’t sound like utopia to me.

Did you happen to see where 5-10 are?

Is it fair to say, that since MS, ID, WY, MT, S. Dakota and N. Dakota are blood red Republican dominated that their policies are driving people to homelessness?

Hell no it wouldn't be fair to claim that, even though the weak minded that cant think for themselves surely could draw that conclusion...that State's dominated by R's create homelessness.

That's no more true than a dimwit waving the foam "I'm number one hand' while wearing a "MAGA" hat claiming that D's are the reason for the homeless problem.

Homelessness is not a partisan issue, and having a CIC that wants to make it such isn't going to solve it.

Here's a novel idea, how about holding ALL our politicians feet to the god-damn fire and ask for action instead of finger pointing.

Nahhhhh, that would require more thought, action, and might actually solve something, better to beat the other side up and keep that "I'm number one" foam finger glued to your hand.

they are enabling people with... mental illness. Giving them housing will not solve the problem, it will make it bigger.
I don't know where to start with responding to this other than I hope you misspoke. Enabling mental illness? WTF does that mean? And how is giving them some form of housing not the correct thing to do? They're still human and mental illness was not something they chose.

Homelessness does not have to be a partisan issue. Everyone on a very fundamental level recognizes that we're talking about humans, right? We're talking about someone's son and someone's daughter. All parents I'm sure can look back on times where your child made a big mistake and discipline wasn't the answer. Many of us currently are trying to discipline people out of homelessness... "they made these bad life choices and now they much live with them" but tell me if you'd feel the same for your child?

That doesn't mean take it to the extreme and incentivize homelessness, but they're not feral cats.

Here's a novel idea, how about holding ALL our politicians feet to the god-damn fire and ask for action instead of finger pointing
You say things like this buzz from your perch and it sounds all nice and dandy like your so smart and dont pick any sides.

Nahhhhh, that would require more thought, action, and might actually solve something, better to beat the other side up and keep that "I'm number one" foam finger glued to your hand
Then you follow it with this comment which is a total attack on trump and trump voters...which is the exact finger pointing you claim to be arguing against.

Did you happen to see where 5-10 are?

Is it fair to say, that since MS, ID, WY, MT, S. Dakota and N. Dakota are blood red Republican dominated that their policies are driving people to homelessness?

Hell no it wouldn't be fair to claim that, even though the weak minded that cant think for themselves surely could draw that conclusion...that State's dominated by R's create homelessness.

That's no more true than a dimwit waving the foam "I'm number one hand' while wearing a "MAGA" hat claiming that D's are the reason for the homeless problem.

Homelessness is not a partisan issue, and having a CIC that wants to make it such isn't going to solve it.

Here's a novel idea, how about holding ALL our politicians feet to the god-damn fire and ask for action instead of finger pointing.

Nahhhhh, that would require more thought, action, and might actually solve something, better to beat the other side up and keep that "I'm number one" foam finger glued to your hand.

Yea I tried holding those folks accountable till I was blue in the face, as a business owner, as a taxpayer, as a father. Eventually I just moved to Montana where I don’t have to worry about a 20th time repeat offender killing my family.

Provide a list of ideas or policy decisions made by Trump that is looking to address the issue, in any state whether 50th or 3rd in homeless.

Bitching about a problem and pointing fingers aint hard...

I don't need to. Even if he did nothing, still more than the people who ran these once nice cities into the ground. They prove it themselves everyday. More facts out there of their mismanagement and failed programs. Just look and see. I don't have time to gather facts for you. But you already know the facts and so does everyone else. You made this about Trump, I didn't. It was your effort to deflect from the real problem. Keep hanging on to an idea and ride the Titanic straight to the bottom...

Homelessness does not have to be a partisan issue. Everyone on a very fundamental level recognizes that we're talking about humans, right? We're talking about someone's son and someone's daughter. All parents I'm sure can look back on times where your child made a big mistake and discipline wasn't the answer. Many of us currently are trying to discipline people out of homelessness... "they made these bad life choices and now they much live with them" but tell me if you'd feel the same for your child?

That doesn't mean take it to the extreme and incentivize homelessness, but they're not feral cats.

Some people realize we're talking about humans, but to think there are those that flat don't care, is naïve.

I don't believe a majority care...homelessness, like many things in life, is a way to promote your agenda.
You say things like this buzz from your perch and it sounds all nice and dandy like your so smart and dont pick any sides.

Then you follow it with this comment which is a total attack on trump and trump voters...which is the exact finger pointing you claim to be arguing against.

Bullshit...both sides have that foam finger glued to their hands...fact.

I think people misunderstand the dynamics in some/many instances. The reason many people succeed is they were trained to succeed or taught themselves to succeed.

People get used to living at a very low standard and after they've done it for a while they get used to it. They train themselves to live like animals.

The solution may not be giving them stuff. It may be re-education, teach them how to live at an acceptable level. Give them the means, then the opportunity.

I used to hang out a lot at an Indian reservation in the 60's, I had relatives there. The do-gooders had a brainstorm, tore down the shacks and replaced them with nice bungalows. In a couple of years, the refrigerators were out in the front yard and being used as smokers or Chicken coops.

You really have to live with some people who are decades behind, socially and/or materially incompetent. A classic example may be an airliner that crashed because some peasant woman built a fire in aisleway to cook lunch. Or things like the age of consent in some central American countries is 12 years old, old enough to bleed old enough to screw. People assume our values and knowledge is common sense, it may be, but it has evolved and is a process others may have little to no knowledge about.

Things we take for granted may not be normal or known to people in different countries or even different social classes.

The Old Romans used a brush soaking in a bucket of shitty water to wash their butts with after taking a dump. Fairly recently the Germans had no idea how to make toilet paper, the used almost raw paper with wood chips and splinters to make toilet paper 40 years ago. The English used slick paper. almost wax paper for toilet paper. one sheet could last a week, it really did a very poor job of actually cleaning your bottom. I was in Iran when the Sha was in power, outside the cities all of the houses were on one side of the street and a ditch was on the other side. The ditch was the bathroom and they used an old Coke bottle filled with water to wipe. Point is it may not be possible to raise somebody's living standards if they have no idea what soft three-ply toilet paper is. :)

Many of the homeless IMO never knew or regressed and need to be re-educated. In all likelihood, it would take some sort of tough love training to make much if any progress.

And I'm in total agreement. If you build shelters and feed them they will just come from all over. Hell some cities like Fresno 10 or 15 years ago will just give the low-level drug offender homeless person a one way ticket to Santa Cruz. They actually did that. So what should cities like Santa Cruz and San Francisco and Seattle do instead of enabling them? Send them back from where they came? That's not solving the problem, it's just spreading it out.

I don't need to. Even if he did nothing, still more than the people who ran these once nice cities into the ground. They prove it themselves everyday. More facts out there of their mismanagement and failed programs. Just look and see. I don't have time to gather facts for you. But you already know the facts and so does everyone else. You made this about Trump, I didn't. It was your effort to deflect from the real problem. Keep hanging on to an idea and ride the Titanic straight to the bottom...

Right, because you cant.

If the CIC is going to complain about a problem and take no action...then they're not part of the solution...they're part of the problem.

I don't know where to start with responding to this other than I hope you misspoke. Enabling mental illness? WTF does that mean? And how is giving them some form of housing not the correct thing to do? They're still human and mental illness was not something they chose.

Basically, by treating the symptom and not the problem. Mentally ill people need care and treatment, not homes in a cardboard box with free meals and a syringe. A band aid fix is never a good idea, unless other programs are put into place as an end result. Also, by letting them out of jail or a care facility due to over crowding with no place to go or follow up treatment. Basically by saying, "It's okay to be you and feel that way".

The problem of a band aid is it will multiply because others will want it too, and migrate to that area, this more problems. It won't go away on it's own.

Ever heard of context?...
That right there is a large part of the problem. Trying to find somebody to blame instead of looking for a solution.

A typical Democratic approach might be to identify a problem, throw money at it and at the same time implementing a bureaucracy to manage the money then staffing it with other Democrats who are bright enough to continue to vote Democrat to keep the gravy train going. While the actual problem remains unsolved. In fact, if the problem were ever solved it would upset the gravy train.

My brother is mentally ill, institutionalized, He is a danger to himself and society. Anyone who fits that category should be housed and cared for by society aka the taxpayer.

Taxpayer funded housing where addicts can go and shoot up heroin without being arrested? seems like it would just create more addicts. Seems like a disservice to the addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back