MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Federal Land for the Homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcopas78

I'll leave this right here....interested in everyone's thoughts

I should take some photos of the trash and human waste left behind in some of the homeless camps here in Portland. It’s astounding. And near as I can tell, the homeless crisis has less to do with a lack of affordable housing (though that is obviously a major factor) than it does addiction and mental illness.

Also, what exactly is “surplus” public land?

"You could match our commitment by similarly providing free surplus federal land to local governments across the state”- Jennifer Fielder.

Just kidding. The far left, self branded progressive and Democrat governor of California said that.

On par with California politics. It's bad enough San Francisco gives the middle finger to our American citizen's safety via federal government enforcement of criminal aliens yet we, our fed tax dollars, still give San Francisco 44.5 million annually to aid Frisco, with their self inflicted homeless (in excess) problems, though now we shall open our federal public land?
Wonder what some environmental organization might say to that... Good if you build between wind turbines?

This is primarily about holdings in urban areas, that will have zero effect on recreation. That said, there still aren't many details, but vacant big box stores that towns and cities so foolishly approved (probably with tax benefits) seem like a great place to start. Throw out another tax incentive for our larger corporations to fund retrofitting, security and sharps containers.

This is primarily about holdings in urban areas, that will have zero effect on recreation. That said, there still aren't many details, but vacant big box stores that towns and cities so foolishly approved (probably with tax benefits) seem like a great place to start. Throw out another tax incentive for our larger corporations to fund retrofitting, security and sharps containers.
Sounds like Vancouver

You could give them a 10000 square foot home and they would defecate in the closet, store the garbage in the bedroom and rip the copper out of the garage for the habit they endure. Their is a small percentage that could succeed with a little help back up, but the vast majority of homeless or those in poverty are, sad to say never going to move up. We seen the worst of individual and group homelessness during the DAPL protest in Cannonball ND, ironically that was probably the first unscientific, Presidential authorized (Obama) tent city on U.S Army Corp of Engineers that was absolutely a complete disaster. When they were finally

Not sure why San Jose allowed two Lowe's hardware stores to be built within 3 miles of each other, but one only lasted about 4 years despite stupid growth here. To boot there's an empty Office Max in the same complex, probably close to 100,000 sqft of space easily.....with parking for all the motorhomes that people moved into. This is just one example of many in San Jose.

Aside from the debut of Boyz 2 Men, This has the eerie signs of a flashback movie...

The people who want to do these things usually have good intentions, but see things "Linear". They fail to see the bigger picture or choose to deal with the result later with the hope it goes away. There are plenty of housing the homeless "Models" in cities that have been tried and failed we can compare to. It's a sad situation, but one that can not be fixed quickly, and another band aid is not going to help. We need to fix the problem and not the symptom.

These type of things always remind me of the children’s book “If you give a mouse a cookie“. First they want federal land, then they will want federal money to pay for development, then they will want federal grants and federal assistance for this and that and the other. It’s a dependency snowball that grows and grows and ultimately helps no one in the long term, except the politicians that control it all. But take it from me with a grain of salt, I am one of those heartless villainous conservatives.

I'm reminded of a ride from downtown St. Louis to Grants Farm...a portion of that route went thru a bombed out Beirut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back