Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Fantasy Football... Anyone up to start it?

Alright guys, here is the computer generated random order for the draft. Round #2 will start with Wapiti. Round #3 will start with DWarcher. And so on...and so forth,

Round 1
1. DWarcher
2. GrizKings / ...
3. jore07
4. the nikster
5. TDsNBeer/S.S.
6. Vandalizer
7. BigBuckDown92
8. 2pointslayr
9. jabber
10. Dainer
11. Grimm Reaper...
12. noharleyyet
13. pointingdogs...
14. Wapiti

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/441682/draftresults

Can I get a couple tips for draft selection? I do not think I'll be able to participate in the selection - work calls, so I will be setting up my pre draft list for my default selection...

Basically, I place them from #1-#x... However, If I work my selection for QB - though it is grabbed by another... THen it goes to my next selection, correct? So, if my next selection is for a WR - I get the WR though find myself void a QB...

Seems - if I am breaking down the strategy, the best bet is to place your main game point builders in the first set... maybe and lowest game point builders in the last set for selection.

Though if I follow that path, I will lose out on a decent QB until the end of selections where my 2nd choice will be available (though most likely not and I assume it will follow a default selection for the closest available ranked qb.

So, is it best to route selection order as #1-2 QB #3-4 WR #5-6 RB #7-8 Defense...etc.?
Then based on the position for selection

Or does it boild down to pre draft selection is more place top players and hope for the best.... and gain what is left when the dust settles...

Is there a decent strategy for pre draft if unable to attend the draft?
GrizKings / Sytes

1. Pick #2

2. Pick #27

3. Pick #30

4. Pick #55

5. Pick #58

6. Pick #83

7. Pick #86

8. Pick #111

9. Pick #114

10. Pick #139

11. Pick #142

12. Pick #167

13. Pick #170

14. Pick #195

15. Pick #198

16. Pick #223

17. Pick #226

18. Pick #251

If I was you, I'd pick a lot of linemen!
This is my first try so I'm sorting through strategy also.
Good luck, I'm saving second place for you!

Sytes--- I get what you are saying, but honestly I don't know if there is a good strategy for this. You could try to group the qb's you want for the 55th and 58th picks for instance. Maybe you end up picking a qb with both those choices...maybe you don't get one at all...It would be nice if you could tell the computer to pick by position. For instance, 2 rb's, 2 wr's, 1 Qb, then Te, Defense, etc....However, to the best of my knowledge it is just in the number they are ranked and you have to hope for the best. REMINDER----Draft is tomorrow (Wednesday 8/24) at 8:45 Pacific time.

Can I get a couple tips for draft selection? I do not think I'll be able to participate in the selection - work calls, so I will be setting up my pre draft list for my default selection...

Basically, I place them from #1-#x... However, If I work my selection for QB - though it is grabbed by another... THen it goes to my next selection, correct? So, if my next selection is for a WR - I get the WR though find myself void a QB...

Seems - if I am breaking down the strategy, the best bet is to place your main game point builders in the first set... maybe and lowest game point builders in the last set for selection.

Though if I follow that path, I will lose out on a decent QB until the end of selections where my 2nd choice will be available (though most likely not and I assume it will follow a default selection for the closest available ranked qb.

So, is it best to route selection order as #1-2 QB #3-4 WR #5-6 RB #7-8 Defense...etc.?
Then based on the position for selection

Or does it boild down to pre draft selection is more place top players and hope for the best.... and gain what is left when the dust settles...

Is there a decent strategy for pre draft if unable to attend the draft?

Just the reason I didn't join in couldn't give it the time I would like to have. Not going to bore you all with details.

Thanks for rolling this, Dainer. I tried to get in on the draft... using my phone / net... Didn't fly. I ended up with a fair set though (not great - though enough to take out Nikster... Haha! least I hope.) and ready to rock n roll!

Lost out on a few good opportunities though that is how it goes.

Smack talk starting - Nikster, your going down! :p

Wife and I just rolled in from Taos...looks like the computer did a good job for me. Thanks again for doin' this dainer.

@dainer: As a first time fantasy player. Can we "trade or add" players to our team as the season goes on? Do our bench players somehow get on the "real team"???

Thanks

good luck to all
the dog

Yes, you can trade players. Click on the "players" tab at the top of the page. Once you sort to the category you wish to look at, for instance all players, find the guy you would like to trade for. Then click "action" and it's pretty simple from there. Adding players is done the same way, except for you would want to show "all available players". You can move your players anytime you wish. Go to "my team", grab the player who is on the bench and drag him to the position you wish him to start in. How about we practice by you giving me Tom Brady for Eli Manning? :)

Whomever has Chris Johnson...you are broke.

6 years 53+ mil....30 million guaranteed.

I would have told him to STUFF IT! though, seeing as my wallet holds the same empty setting - HE BETTER PERFORM LIKE SUPERMAN - Damn straight! :D

Bah, I am looking at another ff league... I think slayer will be a happy camper with him though... Hopefully he gets the flu when playing the GrizKings... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back