Fantasy Football... Anyone up to start it?

Sytes

I have tried starting a Fantasy Football League in the past though I really do not know enough to get them rolling - SMOOTHLY.

Anyone into the Fantasy Football world willing to get a Hunt Talk priavte league going?

CBS Sports offers a Free version I have played as a member in and It was great! Simple for a "joe" like me to tag along and enjoy the league games...

Anoyne? If so - you have at least 1 more team to join your league.

CBS SPORTS FANTASY FOOTBALL must have 12 teams in order to establish an active league.- Hunt Talk OYOA Football league :) Good stuff!

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy

You could count me in. I play in a local one with friends for money, and was looking for another online league to join.

A couple things to think about are whether it will be a head to head league or a points league. Both have their pros and cons. Also, the draft style. You can go with a live draft which will require everyone to log on at a certain time, or an autopick draft, where you rank players and the computer does the rest.

Sorry I guess I read that wrong...has anyone started it yet? I've never played the the CBS one but I have played on Yahoo quite a few times..pretty easy to do..and set up.

I don't think anyone has stepped up yet....so we need a commissioner. I could set one up on Yahoo if you guys want?

Dainer - it is asking for the league ID number instead of the league name? Do you have that handy?

I believe there are already 5 hunt talkers signed up. Great stuff, thanks for taking this on, Dainer.

When does the draft run for player selection?

Glad to see everyone is excited! Looks like we are up to 7 teams right now. We need a minimum of 8teams. We can do the draft whenever you guys want, just waiting for the league to fill up. Do you think each team ranking the players and having the computer automatically do the draft is the way to go? If not, everyone in the league will have to sign on for a live draft at a predetermined time. Might be hard to get that many guys together. In the meantime, especially the guys who have never participated in a fantasy football league, try participating in a mock draft. It's a great tool.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/441682/mock_lobby

Prob best to KISS it. Simple works for me. After I believe we can trade, sign and drop players for gaining others as well... ? Used to CBS so not sure how YAHOO goes about it though I would imagine the same.

Once the draft is pulled... that is it right? No more teams can join?

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/week=1 First week schedule. Seems Sept 8th is the start.

Maybe keep her open for teams until a week before opening game then auto draft and off to the games we go?

Thanks again for taking this on, Dan! Good stuff!

I say use auto draft as last resort If and only if we all can't determine a date that'll work for all. Draft only takes about an hour so it's nor a huge commitment. We shall see though

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back