Expo in Salt Lake City

Ok, now that the SHOT show is over, time to get serious. Who is going, and when?

I'm going to try really hard to be there Friday night if there is going to be a gathering at the banquet.

Friday is a good day to gather, as would be Friday night. Not paying $125 for the big WCHE shin dig, but will be there all day Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday

Guess the options are fork over big dough for one of the events, or go to our own hoopla, and save the money and have more fun.

Sounds like Friday works best for Oak, so we can start planning something around Friday and go from there.

The Friday night banquet looks really expensive this year. $125 per head. Looks like MDF is having some sort of Saturday afternoon gathering, but not a full blown banquet like last year.

Here is a link to the festivities.

https://register.huntexpo.com/

See you then.

I will be there Friday Morning -Saturday afternoon.

Randy-Yes you have to go to validate the raffles.

The family and I are thinking of coming down on Friday and leaving early Saturday. Boy has a basketball game at 12:30. I might see if he would skip the game but not sure if that is an option with only a 6 game season. Just keep us all informed on what everyone is doing.

I'll be around and look forward to meeting up. Will be around Friday thru Sunday.

OK, seems like Friday afternoon and evening is the time to gather. What are we thinking, a restaurant, bar, meeting room, other?

Who can be there Friday late afternoon and evening?

Fin
Spitz
Oak
Dink
Khunter
Bugler
Elk_Hunter
Buzz
Still Kickin'

Others?

Just trying to get a head count, in case someone puts me in charge of the plan. Since I cannot drink beer, I will buy beer. At least until I run out of the wife's budget.

I was thinking about an early Friday arrival and then a Saturday (sometime) departure from the airport...now I need to figure out the lodging/transportation situation...

I'm open to any location really -- if we can order food and drinks, that's a plus and if we've got a good place to hang out, that would be cool.

Damn Fin, shot show and SLC all in a couple weeks time. Your wife is a Saint, and you can tell her I said so:cool:

If I can't make it, will somebody make sure Oak and Buzz can get a ride back to their hotel if Oak forgets his wallet for parking money???

I will make sure of that, but since you are a much better chaperone, it would be best if you were there.

Gonna make it? I mean just think Karl Malone sees you in drag. It will bring back fond memories of his NBA days against you and the "Bad Boys" and you and the Bulls.

Okay, I've submitted my tag selections for the drawing.

But on the application there was some text that said I need a 'valid Utah season Hunting or Combination license' when I validate my application. So the question is this...on the UT site, there are two options it seems...1) Nonresident basic hunting license or 2) Nonresident combination license. Can I go with #1 since it's cheaper? Or do I really have to get a combo for this hunt expo drawing?

Have we figured anything out yet? I'll be rolling into town Friday night sometime between 8 and 9 pm with the family. We're skipping Kawika's basketball game so anytime late Friday and through Saturday late afternoon.

I'm out. Grandma's 93rd bday takes priority. Good luck in the drawings. Anybody want to borrow my ID and UT license for validation? :D

elk_hunter,

Guess I thought you had to have the license in order to actually buy the raffle tickets, guess not.

Anyhow, you can go with the cheaper, $65 license. If you really do not have any valid license in hand yet, go ahead and wait till the last minute to buy on line. Could allow you to only buy one every other year and meet the criteria for these raffles and also to apply for limited tags(save $65 every other year). See thread "Utah application deadline" (or similar) for a discussion of this. License lasts exactly 365 days from purchase, not a defined 'season' like most states and you only have to have a valid license at time you buy raffles and apply for tags. meaning if you time the purchase right it will work fine for the next years applications (and raffles)....

Thanks Khunter.

Okay, those of you OYOAers going...anyone want to be my chauffeur to/from the airport? And how about shacking up...anyone sharing hotel rooms? :D I arrive at 11:50am on Friday the 12th and then I'm out at 2:25pm on Saturday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back