Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Expo in Salt Lake City

any idea of a plan for fri/sat? we're trying to figure out how early we need to leave boise.

All I know is I'll probably miss it if it's on Friday. I tried talking the family into leaving early but the boy said no way. I guess something about a valentine's party at school and how all the girls will be sad if he misses it. :rolleyes:

I will arrive sometime around 9:00 pm on Friday. Our Saturday is open and I hope to meet up with a few hunttalkers then.

Drive Safe....

Last edited:
All I know is I'll probably miss it if it's on Friday. I tried talking the family into leaving early but the boy said no way. I guess something about a valentine's party at school and how all the girls will be said if he misses it. :rolleyes:

I will arrive sometime around 9:00 pm on Friday. Our Saturday is open and I hope to meet up with a few hunttalkers then.

Drive Safe....

I was just about to say...Aren't any of you married??? It is a stupid holiday, but it is still something I have to do to be able to go hunting later. I already miss my wifes birthday every year since it is right smack dab in the middle of October. :mad:

I will get in late Friday afternoon. Have a meeting at 6:00pm and should be done by 7:00 pm. What you say we go to dinner and grab a few drinks on Friday night?

I am doing nothing on Saturday, other than filling out the winning applications for one of those 200 permits.

The exhibit hall is not that big, so finding people is not a huge problem. I will probably be lingering around the Leupold, Kennetrek, MT Decoy, or Mystery Ranch booths for part of the day.

"I was just about to say...Aren't any of you married???"

What could be more romantic than Valentines at a huconvention in SL with your sweetheart.:D And sharing those special moments with hunt talkers. Only way I could envision improving on that would be to share the matrimonial suite with a couple beer-soaked buddies. I think it would truly be OYO adventures for me from that point forward...:eek:

I'll be back home by Sat evening just in case the above plan is not as awesome as it looks in black and white.

Hallmark Day is not until Sunday. Plenty of time to get home. Give her a slap on the rear and say "See ya Sunday Toots".

Khunter quote from the early planning stages:

" That gets us back for valentines day. Have no intention of bunking up "full-sugar" for valentines day".

Dinner on Fri sounds good.

Either way I'll see you boys one of those days.

Randy - I'll give you a call when I get in town to see what the plan is.

Hey, I'm being romantic, I farmed the kid off to grandparents, had whatshername get us a hotel and didn't invite moosie to share a ride, or the hotel. I figured we can see her mother in law, a couple of her sister in laws, some hunttalkers, and I'll still fit in three minutes for her somewhere over the course of the weekend..besides I missed a whole weekend of deer season to go to the kid's soccer game, and two years ago I cut short opening saturday of waterfowl for another soccer game. I figure I'm golden till sometime in 2012. I don't know anybody's real name, other than Randy, so I guess I'll wander around the hall till I figure it out.

My wife wanted to go visit her new nephew in SLC so I told her I'd love to take her up, as long as I got to pick the weekend. ;) So I actually finnegeled brownie points out of going to the expo this year.

Will see you guys there. Drive safe.

I think the show closes at 7:00 pm. I have a room at the Hilton. Anyone want to meet at the lobby of the Hilton at 7:30 pm on Friday, then find a place to go have dinner?

I think the show closes at 7:00 pm. I have a room at the Hilton. Anyone want to meet at the lobby of the Hilton at 7:30 pm on Friday, then find a place to go have dinner?

Whatever works and is close to the event, Dink and our group of 4 is at the Salt Lake Plaza hotel on the north side of the convention center.

Well guys, I'm back safe and sound in Reno after a whirlwind trip including a stop at the expo in SLC. It was a fair sized event, but smaller in size and hunter numbers than last year...so yay for me with better drawing odds!! :D Mossback had the largest booth and was showcasing all his trophy mulies and bulls -- some of those scores had me scratching my head...must have been the mass and tine length that really pushed up the numbers on some of those animals. ;) Another interesting item was for the half a dozen or so trophy sheep raffles...the WINNER of the hunt is on the hook to donate anywhere between $5000 and $10000 if they win the sheep hunt. :eek:

The highlight of the trip had to have been the Sasquatch booth -- we didn't stop but there were a couple of older guys soliciting Sasquatch stories and intel. I kept telling Fin that we could get some great publicity out of a Sasquatch/Yeti type sighting on the show...maybe have Moosie run across the countryside in a costume and film from a distance to drum up more conspiracies and whatnot. :D

I flew in and connected with Big Fin and we tooled around the show on Friday afternoon -- we stopped in and bugged the Mystery Ranch and the Montana Decoy guys along with a few other places. That night Fin and myself met up with a few guys including Dinkshooter and Khunter and that was a blast -- fantastic guys to BS with. Saturday morning Fin and I were back at the expo and we connected with Spitz along with IDBugler and his family -- great to finally meet Dinkshooter, Khunter, Spitz and Bugler -- genuine guys and they were really great to hang out with. We really have some great OYOAers and I was glad to be a part of it.

6 days and counting until I boast of my tag drawing prowess at the hunt expo.......:D

elk hunter,

Good luck to you and all of the Hunttalkers who went to the Expo. I hope you all draw some killer tags this year!

P1010860.jpg

A bright Idea? Or sure visit from the popo?

Attachments

• universal-folding-ladders-stabiliser-bar[1].jpg
    universal-folding-ladders-stabiliser-bar[1].jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 165
I had to run in on Friday during the day as The Mail Order Bride had to work both Friday and Saturday nights. I was a bit underwhelmed compared to the last time I went two years ago. However, the yeti booth visit was worth the $10 entry fee!!! Hope everyone made it home safe. Any baptisms to report? ;)

They had a screamin deal on those colorado buck posters. $15.95 rolled or 39.95 framed. I opted for the beautiful framed edition.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back