Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Holed up in Ely

44hunter45

A rambling post after those free drink coupons from the Holiday Inn Express in Ely...

I'm on day two of a three day run driving from the Idaho Palouse country, through Lolo pass to Lolo MT, then to Salmon, Challis, Ketchum, etc, down to Pheonix. Incredible winter driving and views through all of Idaho, though Ketchum seems a bit rich for a North Idaho boy. They call that the "pretty part of Idaho, but I'll keep the north country.

I'm heading down to do maintenance on my parents' house in Sun City. I wish I could keep on going down to the Saguaro country to chase Coues' and Javi's. My Pop has been talking about how he would like do to a hunt or two while he is still able. I'm hoping to put him in a tree stand for Whitetails this fall.

Dodged 60 head of winter range elk and a bunch of Muleys north of Salmon. I told momma I was not likely to end up in the ditch unless I got to rubbernecking for sheep in those canyons. Not one critter seen since but a bunch of Mustangs south of Wells, NV. If only I could get a tag for those....

I met some California guys at a Wells gas stop who were heading to Grouse Creek (UT?) on landowner permit cow tags. They had been told the elk were up high still, I suggested they look a lot lower since this big dump of snow the last week. They have permission on the land of the tag issuer. Buying the king's deer...

I was really excited to see Nevada has game overpasses in the Muley migration corridors. Now if they would put up gun turrets for the mustangs, maybe there would be a few more age class bucks out there.

Not everyone reading will appreciate it, but SiriusXM has converted the Deep Tracks channel to the Rush tribute channel in tribute to the passing of their drummer, Neil Peart. GREAT driving music. No country for me. "Country Girl Shake it For Me" is not driving music. Is it even music?

Even though I used to live in Nevada, I had forgotten how beautiful it is in winter. I keep thinking I'm going to see the mighty 'BigFin' Nissan Titan out here somewhere.

Nothing but Rush for me the last three days. I believe I heard that today is the last day for the tribute and then it goes back to regular Deep Tracks programing.

Stay safe in your travels

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back