End of an era.

tarheel

Just thought I'd post a pic of my Dad just hours before he passed away this past Friday night. He was less than two hours shy of turning 98, so we gave him a buy on that and we're calling it 98. Notice the camo cap; a hunter to the end. RT

Attachments

• Pap's Last Hours.JPG
    Pap's Last Hours.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 505
I'm sorry for your loss. I've been through that, except that you go 40 more years with your dad than I did. Make sure to keep telling his stories...

Sorry for you loss man, but now he is back in the happy hunting world chasing critters to no end!!

98 is a dang good stretch, good for him!

Dang 98, was he in good health until recently? Sorry to hear of your Dad passing away Tarheel. John

John, I took him dove hunting when he was 93, my brother and his boys took him turkey hunting the next year. After that he started slowing down and developed macular degeneration, so vision became a problem. That didn't diminish his desire or ability to relate hundreds of hunting and fishing tales, as his mind was sharp to the end. He'll be missed.

God bless you, and your family. I think elk season runs year-round in heaven.

Sorry for you loss, my thoughts and prayers go out with you. As was said, pass the stories on with the same passion he had to tell them!!! Glad to hear his mind was sharp until the end!

I'm sorry for your loss. We had a scare with my dad last week, but he got to go back home Saturday. I lost a grandfather, who I was very close to, a few years ago so I know what you are going through. We will always have our memories with us though and that makes it a little easier. No not really easier, but maybe more bearable.

Back