Elk Stolen in Billings

Victim shaming as it's best...I would expect better from this forum....no...not really...lol
We don't endorse thievery. Deep down we all feel very bad for this hunter. He is simply being subjected to the same ridicule that we would give our closest friends prolly a bit better. I guarantee my buddies would look at me and say that sucks, told ya to bring it in. 🤣🤣 And that German voice in my head wouldn't shut up for weeks, he's such an arrogant @$$.

I have a mule Deer sittin the motel tub right now. Game bags in the dryer across the hall.
NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! Remember when doing this though it may cause awkwardness in some social circles if YOU choose to bathe with a/an (insert game head of choice here) at the same time it's occupying the tub.
And before any of you ask no I have not done this. I have redneck habits, but I'm not a weirdo.

Last time I came over (probably the last time:cry:) one of my mates left his nice Mule deer head on show in the pickup, in the restaurant car park and the hotel car park overnight, it did concern me and I mentioned it to him, but it survived the night in Livingston.
Common sense though, it could get nicked.

I didn't know you can sell antlers, and yet you can't sell the meat.
We can sell everything over here.
Having said that, leave a head in a truck over here and it will be all over social media the next day and our tires will have been slashed....murdering barstewards...but the head would have remained in the truck:LOL:

Cheers

Richard

Kinda on this topic but did the story about the guy having his mule deer cape and backstraps stolen from camp every get posted? I was wanting to read about that one as well.

Also, my horns, meat, tags go into the hotel room along with anything else that can't be replaced.

I think it was 3 years ago my family and I were traveling back home and stopped late one night in Billings at a cheap motel for the night. We checked in around 1:00 am. I was so tired I fell asleep quickly. Soon after my wife whispers to wake me up. There was what seemed like a very thin wall between our room and the room next door including a door in the wall for walk through.
Something bad was going down next door. My wife had already heard part of a conversation between 2 men and a woman. A man's voice asked "where is it at"? And " you have an hour to come up with it". The woman's voice said "please don't kill me". We heard what sounded like a body slam against the very thin wall between us. In just a bit the door slammed and everything got quiet. I told my wife let's get out of here. We were only there for about 2 hours and gathered up our small children and slipped out. We quietly opened our door to leave. When we walked past the door to the room next door there was pills spilt in the carpet in front of the door. It was sad and creepy at the same time. We got in our suburban and left. We called the cops to report it. We drove in the snow for awhile and ended up pulling into a parking lot and slept the rest of the night in the vehicle. The next day I called the motel to ask for a refund and was told no because I should have call the front desk to report it. Was also told "we don't call the police".

Our regular Billings hotel had a murder one weekend. We haven’t been back.

But to be fair, once in Missoula I got stuck in a room next to a bunch of homeless young adults that had pooled their money for a room and could very plainly hear them fighting over drugs, and then planning how they were going to kill another homeless person they knew. I was by myself, and didn’t sleep a wink.

I think it was 3 years ago my family and I were traveling back home and stopped late one night in Billings at a cheap motel for the night. We checked in around 1:00 am. I was so tired I fell asleep quickly. Soon after my wife whispers to wake me up. There was what seemed like a very thin wall between our room and the room next door including a door in the wall for walk through.
Something bad was going down next door. My wife had already heard part of a conversation between 2 men and a woman. A man's voice asked "where is it at"? And " you have an hour to come up with it". The woman's voice said "please don't kill me". We heard what sounded like a body slam against the very thin wall between us. In just a bit the door slammed and everything got quiet. I told my wife let's get out of here. We were only there for about 2 hours and gathered up our small children and slipped out. We quietly opened our door to leave. When we walked past the door to the room next door there was pills spilt in the carpet in front of the door. It was sad and creepy at the same time. We got in our suburban and left. We called the cops to report it. We drove in the snow for awhile and ended up pulling into a parking lot and slept the rest of the night in the vehicle. The next day I called the motel to ask for a refund and was told no because I should have call the front desk to report it. Was also told "we don't call the police".
anton-chigurh-no-country-for-old-men.gif

I had a discussion about where to stay in Tulsa with my wife last night with these very concerns. It’s the half way point for my AZ trip. The nicer hotels where it should be safer might give the stank eye on talking horns and a gun case thru the lobby.

Some people have never cleaned a deer or 65 ducks and geese for that matter in a hotel bathroom and it shows here.
I still feel kind of bad for the amount of feathers that got washed down the tub drain in that Super 8 in Jamestown ND. I still think about it every time I head west and pass it by on the interstate…lol.

On my way back from my Wyoming trip I had my wife reserve me a room in Billings.. she got me a room in laurel because of all of the crime.. I would have never thought of crime and Billings in the same sentence.. I had no issues at all at the best western

I always shake my head watching people drive with their bragging rights (loosely used term) in full view with out of state or distant county plates... It's a meth head's next hit.
Once saw a WA plate in Big Hole with the head/rack mounted to the TOP of the shell over the truck bed.

Pawn shops would love to sell a head mount of that nature - Buyer (to sell) would have no problem flipping that to a swanky 5th mansion in Jackson Hole, Bozeman, etc. Nice display.

I stayed in a place in Milwaukee once for the night. Guy saw antlers in truck bed and came over to talk. Friendly guy but a little forward.

He tried to get me to come with him to his place to drink beer and lift weights and talk hunting. He said he was really into taxidermy and butchery work.

i was gonna go hang with him but something gave me an off vibe and that's when I realized. He was going to knock me unconscious and probably steal my deer. I told him no and he got really upset. Feels like I dodged a bullet there right though?

I stayed in a place in Milwaukee once for the night. Guy saw antlers in truck bed and came over to talk. Friendly guy but a little forward.

He tried to get me to come with him to his place to drink beer and lift weights and talk hunting. He said he was really into taxidermy and butchery work.

i was gonna go hang with him but something gave me an off vibe and that's when I realized. He was going to knock me unconscious and probably steal my deer. I told him no and he got really upset. Feels like I dodged a bullet there right though?
No steam bath?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back