Elk Photos

My Montana velvet bull from a few years ago...yep shot him while hunting whitetails. That will likely be the last spike I ever kill in that unit...went to brow-tined bull the next year.

326.JPG

Finally had time to sit down and go through this thread. Incredible photos and memories! I imagine some of the stories to go along with the hunts would be doozies.

I've just got a skinhead to my name but hope to change that in 2010.

One of those public land bulls that some lazy hunter just stumbled across down in Arizona.
Randy's AZ Bull.jpg

Have you heard of the old saying "10% of the hunters kill 90% of the elk"? I used to agree with that philosophy until this thread started. I will now modify it, "Greenhorn and Buzz kill 90% of the elk. Everyone else gets to fight over the other 10%!!"

I feel fortunate to have knocked over a few in the last two years that somehow escaped you two.

Bushy, Those two were sick or actually had to work the days you found your elk.......I feel lucky to see a bull around here knowing that GH is lurking somewhere in the distance:)LOL

Bushy, Those two were sick or actually had to work the days you found your elk.......I feel lucky to see a bull around here knowing that GH is lurking somewhere in the distance:)LOL

Fugg man I bet even the wolves are jealous of how many elk GH kills...

When this was a hot topic my computor got sick. All of these elk came from Western Montana on Public lands. Except the cow my kid got his second year.

So here's some of my pictures:
This is my son's 1st,2nd and 3rd elk.
Dillons1stbull.jpg

Dillons1stcow.jpg

Dillons2ndbull.jpg

Here's the last big bull my dad killed:
Lastbigbulltheoldmankilled.jpg

This young mans 1st elk period. He listened perfectly on where to set up, and got himself a nice one.
Dougsnephews1st.jpg

1980 Bull elk I killed when I was 19. That old shed had a lot of elk hang in her.
19806x6bull.jpg

The last bull the old man jumped to me.
Bulldadjumped.jpg

my 1st archery killed elk
1starcherybull.jpg

Another archery bull. He almost fell on my hunting buddy.
Bumpyroadbull.jpg

I called this bull in, shot him, then cow called him back into my buddy. He shot him within 2 inches of my shot. This ridge we call "two shot ridge" we had shot a 6 x 6 several years earlier and both of us shot that bull as well.
2shotridgebull.jpg

The 2 shots
2shot.jpg

1999 6 x 6 Bull. This is about as big as they get in our area.
2000Bull.jpg

Broken leg bull. I worked on him for a couple of weeks. He was still quite fast.
Brokelegbull.jpg

6 x 6 Bull killed in 06
20066x6Bull.jpg

Got this bull the same time my kid got his 3rd elk.
BullkilledsamedayasDillons.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome collection of elk and there is nothing better than sharing all of those great memories with family and friends. :)

Good lord Shoots, you've definitely got this elk hunting thing figured out.

img028.jpg
Hunting with my friend Abe. His buddy had just sent an arrow flying over this bull's back. I heard the shot and the bull startled and ran around some trees and right into my arrow. Bull died in about 20-30 seconds. One of the fasted kills I've had with an arrow.

img029.jpg

Unfortunately I have a few shots of elk that have no field photos:(. I have about 5 years that I didn't even take a picture:mad: I have since repented and am doing better. Got this guy the last minutes of light and days that I could hunt in 2002

img030.jpg
Another quality at home photo.:( I snuffed this one from my brother. We were both sneaking out onto this steep meadow, me at the top and he was going to cover the bottom third. Lucky for me this guy was feeding at 80 yards.1999

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back