Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Wait a minute ! 30-06, leather sling, Remington 7400 ( 742) , wooden stock ?!?! And you killed an elk ?!?!? Without a PRC, Creedmore, Suppressor, or super composite stock ?!?!
That is funny. I totally know THAT GUY!!! 🤣

It's a Browning.
 
Another Old man, old cartridge, old cow (I think). This year I drew a Wyoming cow elk tag and was successful. At 76 I plan on a few more years of this great sport.My rifle is a wood stocked Kimber Classic Select with a VXIII 4.5x14. The Kimber is chambered in 270 Winchester, shooting 140 Federal trophy bonded tipped bullet which I hand load. The cow ended up being a 111 yards on my rangefinder and took only one shot behind the shoulder. The bullet preformed great and we have a lot of meat for the year.
 

Attachments

  • 1000041368.JPG
    1000041368.JPG
    635.1 KB · Views: 26
Another Old man, old cartridge, old cow (I think). This year I drew a Wyoming cow elk tag and was successful. At 76 I plan on a few more years of this great sport.My rifle is a wood stocked Kimber Classic Select with a VXIII 4.5x14. The Kimber is chambered in 270 Winchester, shooting 140 Federal trophy bonded tipped bullet which I hand load. The cow ended up being a 111 yards on my rangefinder and took only one shot behind the shoulder. The bullet preformed great and we have a lot of meat for the year.

Congrats on the elk. That looks like a heck of a storm brewing behind you.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,162
Messages
2,251,861
Members
39,105
Latest member
Booner
Back
Top