Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

2010 bull from Kentucky. DIY WMA hunt, my first elk hunt. Bull was 9.5 yrs old. Stalked him and his single cow about 1 mile. Me and Jeff crawled to within 40 yds before we could see him. After the first shot through the shoulders he turned and tried to follow the cow down a steep bluff. I shot one of his eye guards off while trying to anchor him with a Texas heart shot. The third shot through his neck and the base of his skull stopped him. I had prepared to shoot 3-400 yds across ridges, and ended up shooting him at shotgun range.

Attachments

• KDNRelk.jpg
    KDNRelk.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 5,362
boy that place looks a little familiar,lol.I hope to add my picture with one this coming week in your spot Dan.Don't want to post my bull till I kill a decent one;few more days I hope
these pictures are firing me up for opener in southern wy. monday

Wouldn't be a good elk thread without a "One that got away pic." This was in NV in 2009, the second to last day of season. I found this bull in a hell hole and took these pics with my little point and shoot, through one lens of my Gold Ring binos.

We never did get on him the next day. I often wonder if someone killed him.

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

Southern Alberta Prairie Bull
alex_s_09_elk_018.jpg

2012 MT, Public Land, DIY - After hunting silent elk in the thick jungle of Northwest Montana, we decided to sit a wallow that hadn't been used much recently, but had fresh bear tracks in it. An hour later this guys stepped out at 8 yards. A biologist aged him at 9 or 10 years.
2012bull_edited_small.jpg

A few more Montana bulls from 2005 through 2012.

I still haven't figured out how to insert multiple images between text. Guess I'll have to do multiple posts.

Attachments

• DSCN0306.JPG
    DSCN0306.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 4,815
My 2012 Wyoming archery elk!

Though we saw many bigger bulls this year I couldn't be any happier to have taken this bull. I shot him that last weekend in September, I was very sick with the flu but nothing could keep me from chasing elk in the backcountry.

Attachments

• Aaron 2012 Elk.jpg
    Aaron 2012 Elk.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4,661
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back