Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Okay, I guess the rest of mine can make the thread now that some folks have posted some that might not have made the record books.

My first bull. 2008 Wyoming.

2008_elk1.jpg

My 2nd bull. 2010 Wyoming.

n_elk1.jpg

My buddies bull from that same year.

mn_elk3.jpg

Already posted my best bull, 2010 New Mexico earlier in the thread, but here's what he looked like once he was back from the taxidermist.

elk1.jpg

This is the biggest bull that I've been there when it was shot. My buddies 2011 Wyoming bull. Huge body on this bull.

mike_elk1.jpg

My 2011 bull shot in New Mexico.

nathan_elk1.jpg

And this year I didn't get one but my buddies son got one in Wyoming while I was hunting with them.

zekes_elk_2012.jpg

Thank goodness I grew up in an elk hunting family.
Grandpa with my 2 older brothers and me (age 1) skinning elk. (No my mother doesn't dress me anymore!) ;)
1976 9.jpg

My grandpa Roy with the last bull elk (atleast that's the story we always tell!) that was legally killed in the old Railroad Ranch in Easten Idaho before It became Harriman State park.
gpaRoy.jpg

Few more elk from before I could go.
1981 31.jpg
1981 32.jpg

Dad would always let us miss 1 day of school for the rilfe opener when we turned 8 years old. I was so excited that I made myself sick and puked and couldn't go. Later that season, on my first trip, my 2 older brothers and I got to help drag a cow out.
1983 20.jpg

Then I got to go! My first elk.
1989-FGD-143.jpg

It was all downhill from there! All Idaho DIY.
elk10.jpg
elk11.jpg
elk1.jpg

Few Wyo DIY bulls
elk3.jpg
lar peak1.jpg
elk4.jpg
cade2.jpg
Good pack mules - I mean buddies - are worth their wieght in GOLD! My buddy Rhen packing the BACK HALF of my 6pt from the above pic. Split in half at the 3rd rib. HEAVY :eek:
cade3resize.jpg

Me, dad and brother, Zane, with Zane's Wyo bull
DSC04789.jpg

Then it was my turn to pay it forward. Good buddy called and told me his dad, Sid, had just turned 60 and was diagnosed with cancer. He'd never killed a bull elk so "no pressure", but you've got to find him a 6x in Wyo this fall. We did! Wyo 2011.
WY Elk 2011 016.jpg

My 12 year old daughter, McKenzie, with her first elk. 10 year old sister Paige assisted! Wyo 2011.
Kenz2-2011.jpg

I had all 4 of my daughters on the same hunt that Kenz harvested her first elk. This time family friend, Tom, took a cow for the freezer. I'm 4 for 4 on daughters. If I were an angus bull, what would I be worth since I only throw heifers??????::D
Tom2011.jpg

Pass it on!

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Last edited:
Man, am I glad we started this thread. Always great pics and stories come from this stuff.

Pics of the three MT raghorns I killed prior to 2000.

<Stupid hunter did not carry a camera> :eek: (Before the day of cameras on cell phones, not that I had a cell phone until about 2004.)

New Mexico bull from 2008. First archery bull. Will back on this same mountain in about ten days, hoping the elk cooperate.

IMG_2802.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back