Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

2010 bull from Kentucky. DIY WMA hunt, my first elk hunt. Bull was 9.5 yrs old. Stalked him and his single cow about 1 mile. Me and Jeff crawled to within 40 yds before we could see him. After the first shot through the shoulders he turned and tried to follow the cow down a steep bluff. I shot one of his eye guards off while trying to anchor him with a Texas heart shot. The third shot through his neck and the base of his skull stopped him. I had prepared to shoot 3-400 yds across ridges, and ended up shooting him at shotgun range.

Attachments

• KDNRelk.jpg
    KDNRelk.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 5,362
boy that place looks a little familiar,lol.I hope to add my picture with one this coming week in your spot Dan.Don't want to post my bull till I kill a decent one;few more days I hope
these pictures are firing me up for opener in southern wy. monday

Wouldn't be a good elk thread without a "One that got away pic." This was in NV in 2009, the second to last day of season. I found this bull in a hell hole and took these pics with my little point and shoot, through one lens of my Gold Ring binos.

We never did get on him the next day. I often wonder if someone killed him.

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

Southern Alberta Prairie Bull
alex_s_09_elk_018.jpg

2012 MT, Public Land, DIY - After hunting silent elk in the thick jungle of Northwest Montana, we decided to sit a wallow that hadn't been used much recently, but had fresh bear tracks in it. An hour later this guys stepped out at 8 yards. A biologist aged him at 9 or 10 years.
2012bull_edited_small.jpg

A few more Montana bulls from 2005 through 2012.

I still haven't figured out how to insert multiple images between text. Guess I'll have to do multiple posts.

Attachments

• DSCN0306.JPG
    DSCN0306.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 4,815
My 2012 Wyoming archery elk!

Though we saw many bigger bulls this year I couldn't be any happier to have taken this bull. I shot him that last weekend in September, I was very sick with the flu but nothing could keep me from chasing elk in the backcountry.

Attachments

• Aaron 2012 Elk.jpg
    Aaron 2012 Elk.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4,661
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back