PEAX Equipment

Elk for a good friend

congrats- what a way to begin a friendship. I hope I can follow that example

Great to share that memory with him. George is obviously a meat hunter. Looks like a calf? Boy, are they great eating. One year here I couldn't close the deal on a bull moose and my tag was also good for a calf (but not a cow ... go figure). It came down to the last day of season 15 December and a cow with calf walked out of the tag alders so I took the little one. My late wife was a bit upset when I brought it home. "Don't shoot any more calves." Then she put her teeth into the first roast. "Don't shoot anything but calves."

Great to share that memory with him. George is obviously a meat hunter. Looks like a calf? Boy, are they great eating. One year here I couldn't close the deal on a bull moose and my tag was also good for a calf (but not a cow ... go figure). It came down to the last day of season 15 December and a cow with calf walked out of the tag alders so I took the little one. My late wife was a bit upset when I brought it home. "Don't shoot any more calves." Then she put her teeth into the first roast. "Don't shoot anything but calves."

Yep, 100% about quality table fare. Only guys I know that will, 100% of the time if given a choice kill a calf rather than a cow or spike standing next to a bigger bull. One of those things you hear about, but rarely happens in practice when the rubber hits the road.

That's what hunting is all about right there! Glad you could share some time with George and I hope all of us Hunt Talker's are still out there at 78 filling the freezer.

That one looks tasty. My other half kills elk with a .243 and 100 gr. pills as well, she's never put more than one round in any of them. Congrats!! Those kind of camps make it worth it.

Back