Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk for a good friend

BuzzH

Went out today with a good friend of mine that I met about the 3rd year I was a Wyoming Resident.

George was camped elk hunting just above where I put my camp in. He came over introduced himself and asked if he could buy a couple spare 1 lb propane tanks off me for their lanterns. I told him, "no, but you can have a couple". Been friends ever since sharing elk camps every year.

George gets at least one elk a year, and he's been hunting elk his whole life in Wyoming...cant say how many he's shot, but he's killed a bunch just since I've known him.

Found a little knot of elk this morning right away, made a quick stalk, George got a solid rest, picked the one he wanted...and one shot later we had an elk to take care of. Had it quartered, loaded, and in the truck by 9 A.M.

If my math is right, George will be 78 later this fall...

IMG_20200927_081313292.jpg

Thats awesome, for both of you. Like the last fella said, I hope half of us are lucky enough to be able to hunt at that age.

Looks like it died in a great place for extraction. He's by chance not your friend who is the killer of elk with with a 6mm cal is he?

That is truly awesome!!! I love hearing stories like this. The old timers are always a blast to go hunting with, they are so full of stories. It nice to see he still has the ambition to get out and keep hunting. Such a n inspiration.

Looks like it died in a great place for extraction. He's by chance not your friend who is the killer of elk with with a 6mm cal is he?
My same question. Edit, I see buzz answered.

Great work. Three point landing.

Went out today with a good friend of mine that I met about the 3rd year I was a Wyoming Resident.

George was camped elk hunting just above where I put my camp in. He came over introduced himself and asked if he could buy a couple spare 1 lb propane tanks off me for their lanterns. I told him, "no, but you can have a couple". Been friends ever since sharing elk camps every year.

George gets at least one elk a year, and he's been hunting elk his whole life in Wyoming...cant say how many he's shot, but he's killed a bunch just since I've known him.

Found a little knot of elk this morning right away, made a quick stalk, George got a solid rest, picked the one he wanted...and one shot later we had an elk to take care of. Had it quartered, loaded, and in the truck by 9 A.M.

If my math is right, George will be 78 later this fall...

IMG_20200927_081313292.jpg
Awesome!!! Congrats!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back