Duck duck goose.....80 bird showdown

wingman1

I love late Montana waterfowl hunting. First trip out east this year and probably will be the last. I hope my dogs didn't hear that!

I hope everyone is having a great season!

Do we get the story and pics of 80 birds? I made my lake this morning and it was frozen over. It is done for the season. I will be back at the birds in the valleys starting Monday. Hopefully there will still be a few there.

whoops...I thought the pics loaded

Not much for a story. Find birds, come back next morning, set out 140 avery full body goose decoys, then set up blinds. Dig blinds into snow drift, then brush and snow spray remaining blind that is still showing. Jump in blinds and freeze your arse off until birds show. Shoot, retrieve and hide dead birds out of sight of inbound flights as fast as you can. Repeat until limit is reached or you are exhausted.

Attachments

• P1000195 (1426 x 803).jpg
    P1000195 (1426 x 803).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Well now, my Nevada limit a day is not nearly that. LOL, we don't even sometimes see that many birds.

Very well done, congrats! I need to see about getting into hunting those things. They are lousy in and around town...

Holy mokes. Top 5 thread of 2012, going to throw that out threre right now.
Awesome hero shots, incredible conditions, amazing bag - reminds me of the pictures of truck beds full of rooters.

Wingman1, That's a season's worth of birds for most of us and a few of our friends! Great pics.

DAMN!!! Great hunt! What is the dang limit out there and how many guns did you have?
We thought we were doing great with a three gun 18 duck limit in SEMO Thursday morning!
One was a $250 duck tho----buddies first ever Black Duck.....taxidermist.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back