D's Stance on Public Lands - Comparison between candidates

No matter what her stance is she is so far behind in the polls to big name crazies she will never win.

Which is unfortunate that anyone worth a damn will never make it in a presidential election. Heaven forbid we get to choose between two good candidates and not have to pick the lesser of two evils.

Primaries are for the party faithful. After 20 years of working in politics and gov't relations, I'm constantly amazed that the electorate would rather listen to what a politician says rather than judge them on their record.

R or D, it's the record that indicates the values of that politician, not their pandering stooge bon mots.

considering that public land disposal is part of the Republican Party platform it would make sense for any opposition candidates to have a response to it. On the flip side we should be asking the same question to our republican candidates, if they don’t agree with that portion of the platform then it should be noted.

Primaries are for the party faithful. After 20 years of working in politics and gov't relations, I'm constantly amazed that the electorate would rather listen to what a politician says rather than judge them on their record.

R or D, it's the record that indicates the values of that politician, not their pandering stooge bon mots.

It would be nice to see the Nominees should go thru the vetting process that Fed Judges have to go thru, then we vote for the best candidate. Never going to happen but one could dream.

Those evil oil and gas co.’s.. I guess Lizzy thinks she can find a bunch of folks to mine everything for renewables not for profit in the name of humanity. We love public land, but we love green more...

Last edited:
So you are saying I can vote for one party in the primary and then the other party in November? Interesting...

California isn't open, so you wouldn't be able to vote for a Democrat unless you're registered as Democrat. Same with republican. Registering as no party preference allows you to vote independent/green/other categories only.

To pull off that switch, you have to unregister and then register as another party. Luckily, that's very easy.

Bernie says "Everybody gets a new state but you have to give up your old state."

He doesn't think the cost matters.

At this point, the only person on that side of the isle worth discussing is Biden, it appears.
The energetic, young commies gave it a valiant effort, but they won’t be wrestling their party out of the hands of the old, corporate, racist establishment this go around.
If corona virus kicks in hard, they have some real chances the next time.

Biden has been in office longer than I’ve been alive, so I would imagine he has a long track record of votes on public lands issues, though I would assume the interests of the public land elk hunter probably are not top of mind.

Last edited:
$$$'s on Biden's side to be the Dem's choice. The problem: Biden is his own worst enemy. The big donors that hold Biden's puppet strings have known this since the get go.

I saw Biden’s blow up yesterday and laughed, it’s nice to see true colors. Seems he is one short on his gun policy. He has it covered though, after all he has a shotgun and his kid hunts. So at the end of the day we will be voting for 2 candidates who are their own worst enemies. For me he is going to have a hard time this election cycle for my vote. Especially, if Trump pulls thru on his LWCF funding.

Todays irony increment: Dissing Biden's history on 2A, then touting Trump on LWCF:

From LWCF Coalition Blog: The timing of our effort could not be better. Even as the President signed the Dingell Act into law, the Trump Administration also proposed a budget for Fiscal Year 2020 that included a 105% cut to LWCF. Yes, you read that right—they proposed less than zero funding. Last year, we encountered a similar proposal but fortunately LWCF’s many Congressional champions worked to ensure that the final federal budget for FY19 did provide some funding for LWCF’s various programs, to ensure continued investments in America’s special places that help secure recreation jobs, close-to-home access, working forest production, habitat protection, water quality and a host of other benefits. But the threat to LWCF is real, as long as funding is not guaranteed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back