Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

D's Stance on Public Lands - Comparison between candidates

$$$'s on Biden's side to be the Dem's choice. The problem: Biden is his own worst enemy. The big donors that hold Biden's puppet strings have known this since the get go.

It has been widely reported that the Biden campaign was severely strapped for cash heading into Super Tuesday. There were limited field offices in the Super Tuesday states and hardly any Biden ads were being run. I moved to CA last fall and I didn't see a single Biden ad before or since Super Tuesday (caveat, I don't watch TV). I did see a bajillion Bloomberg and Sanders ads though. And look what happened in CA. While people voting by mail won the state for Bernie, the late deciders who voted on election day had a swing to Biden, making the vote much closer and limiting Bernie's CA delegate upside. Earned media and voter preferences had a much larger affect on Biden's resurgence than paid media.

I think there is a little peer reviewed research that does show some correlation between campaign donations and policies. But the evidence we have from the last two presidential campaigns is that earned media is far more important than paid media. You need name recognition and cash to get started, but after that people haven't been able to buy a presidential nomination or election.

duds, I don't disagree that it is, has been, and will continue to be a race to the bottom. People hold their noses and pull the lever based upon their personal olfactory perceptions.
Indeed. I prefer to read posts including the basis for opinions, instead of "because that's just how I feel." The deplorably polarized state of our Union is strongly influenced by the tribalism of the underinformed and the blindly loyal. Matters not whether their loyalty oath is to MAGA or Dump Trump, either flock of sheep is just that. It is not that complicated to plug in your bull$hit meter, listen critically, ask if you don't know, and decide for yourself. This is my favorite forum because there are many experienced, intelligent, lucid posters. I'd rather read a cogent critique of my or your perspective, than get a handful of "likes." The posts that spell out why they think, believe, agree or disagree; those are worth reading. And considering.

Sorry my esteemed friend, I get what you're saying but you don't get to assign homework because you disagree with policy priorities succinctly or even anecdotally expressed.

I don't disput media's power... however, Trump overcame the media's power that - into the count, liberal media declared Hillary the winner... They sure as heck tried.
It could also be said that there's no such thing as bad press. MSNBC and CNN going into a tizzy about Trump still helped him more than hurt him IMO.

Even Fox was clowning Trump - up until they realized he was leading the polls for the R primaries...

Bernie is not throwing in the towel yet. Maybe since it's down to two candidates, a question or two could be asked about public lands in the upcoming debate? That is the topic of this thread if I'm not mistaken.

duds, I don't disagree that it is, has been, and will continue to be a race to the bottom. People hold their noses and pull the lever based upon their personal olfactory perceptions.
race to the bottom. hmmm does that mean you think the Joe is worse the Hillary? Otherwise I would say this election is an improvement.

was thinking more along the lines of "AR 14" w/ simunition rounds... let them keep the gloves.. come to think of it, add bare chested Putin and pay per view... we might pay off our debt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back