Yeti GOBOX Collection

D's Stance on Public Lands - Comparison between candidates

Irrelevant

We are getting close to casting ballots (some already have). This thread is meant for people who are interested in the Democratic primaries. If you come across info on how the various candidates stance on public lands please post a link.

Mayor Pete: https://peteforamerica.com/policies/public-lands/
"Pete will also secure full, permanent funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund"

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she would immediately move to place a “total moratorium” on new federal fossil fuel leases if elected president, blocking energy companies from drilling offshore and producing oil, gas and coal from U.S. government-owned land.

Elizabeth Waren Oil and Gas Moratorium

This is a raw deal, and we need to fix it. It’s time to make Land and Water Conservation Fund spending mandatory to ensure that we continue to preserve and enhance public lands for conservation and recreation.

Elizabeth Warren Public Land Plan

Wonder how those two things correlate :unsure:

Based on what you wrote: It's a moratorium on NEW federal fossil fuel leases...that doesn't stop existing leases from existing and putting money into the fund.

She could block new wells from being drilled. Decline curves are steep...

Bernie will take Minnesota’s lakes and distribute them evenly with the other states.

Sorry... I had to. I haven’t heard his actual stance on public land.
That made me laugh. Happy Friday.

While can't point to specific policy papers by Klobuchar, I can say in general she is a pragmatic and practical politician. She respects public lands but also appreciates people need jobs and will try to find balance. She has family perspective on hunting as an important communal activity, I would expect her to be mindful of things that would undercut that tradition. If you are afraid of someone who would support public land sales or transfers, definitely not something she will do, at that same time if you are expecting grand, bold, cutting edge promotion of public land paradigm I doubt that will happen either. She is a safe and stable choice for incremental progress. (which is probably why she has no chance of winning)

The intent here was not to hear what you may think about a candidate, but what the actual candidate has to say.
That's fair, your thread your rules. FWIW - in my many years dealing with politicians, who they are and what they believe at a personal level is often more illustrative than white papers and positions statements written by pollsters, experts and pundits. But I now understand that is not what you were asking for.

Ima just step in here and issue a ruling from the bench.

Personal experience w/ a pol should count. The jury finds in favor of the defendant. All charges dismissed. Everyone please take to social media to immediately state your outrage.

Ima just step in here and issue a ruling from the bench.

Personal experience w/ a pol should count. The jury finds in favor of the defendant. All charges dismissed. Everyone please take to social media to immediately state your outrage.
And with that, it is now time for me to log off and enjoy that beer JLS suggested in another thread :)

That's fair, your thread your rules. FWIW - in my many years dealing with politicians, who they are and what they believe at a personal level is often more illustrative than white papers and positions statements written by pollsters, experts and pundits. But I now understand that is not what you were asking for.
Last I checked, that's not how this site operates...

Grandpa Bern: https://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-environmental-protection/

What is conservation?
Conservation is preserving and protecting the environment."

Under the heading "Public Parks and Hunting Lands"
"Bernie co-signed a 2015 letter urging Democratic and Republican Senate leadership to work together to find a permanent funding solution for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which was created in 1964 as a way to protect more public lands without using taxpayer dollars.

Bernie cosponsored the Land and Water Conservation Fund Permanent Funding Act of 2019, which passed with overwhelming bipartisan support."

Interesting that "hunting" is never actually mentioned.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, you were just the last to comment before I posted.

Beyond that, everyone had an angle or lens through which they view things. I don't know what you angle is so I can't actually take it into account. I know what a politicians angle is, they want to get elected. At least I can factor that in.

If I wanted to know what people thought I would log onto FB.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, you were just the last to comment before I posted.

Beyond that, everyone had an angle or lens through which they view things. I don't know what you angle is so I can't actually take it into account. I know what a politicians angle is, they want to get elected. At least I can factor that in.

If I wanted to know what people thought I would log onto FB.
FWIW - my lens is that I have voted against her several times, but do respect her gravitation towards common sense and middle ground - a rare find these days on any side of the aisle.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back