MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Drury dropped by PSE makes switch to Mathews

If I made a living I would tie myself to people who paid me the most.

Except for Chevy....this aint nom....we got rules and have to drawn a line in the sand somewhere...lol

However, to call the Drury team great whitetail hunters is a bit of a stretch in my opinion....they have great properties to hunt....
If a person wants to talk about great whitetail hunters I could name about 10 people who would school them in a bad way on public ground whitetails.

If I made a living I would tie myself to people who paid me the most.

Except for Chevy....this aint nom....we got rules and have to drawn a line in the sand somewhere...lol

However, to call the Drury team great whitetail hunters is a bit of a stretch in my opinion....they have great properties to hunt....
If a person wants to talk about great whitetail hunters I could name about 10 people who would school them in a bad way on public ground whitetails.
People forget there is a absolute huge difference in the two. Show me a 5 year old corn and soybean fed whitetail on a private managed property and I will show you a 2 year old on some Penn or Virginia Mountain public that is straight up leaps and bounds (no pun intended) more intelligent and harder to hunt. Its like hunting a different species.
The first time I hunted the Midwest was in Ohio on a co-workers families farm. By 9am the first morning I had seen more decent bucks than I see in two seasons in the big woods. 8 in total. 2 of which I would have had to clean my pants out if I had had my rifle instead of the bow.

Probably sign up with Geico next...

When your an outdoor whore, you jump in bed with anyone waving cash at you.

Its whats you do.

Sorry that joke was a cheap shot, low hanging fruit like that, makes it so easy a cave man could do it.

The Drurys aren’t going to get much love here, but I’m happy for anybody that can build a living doing what they love. They definitely aren’t public land hunters, but that’s been true for much of the outdoor space until recently (especially whitetails). PSE and Mathews both build great bows and I’d shoot either, especially if they’re sending me the latest and greatest with a check.

Drurys? Realtree outdoors? Michael Waddell? Yawn; back in the early 2000's when i was younger they sure did get some of our TV time during the college days... now its On Your Own Adventures and alike and I dont have any plans to hunt out west anytime soon!
Randy, you should do a MN Grouse Hunt

I'd be curious about the # viewers these shows are getting nowadays. Public land DIY stuff is all over YouTube in a way they never were represented on Outdoor/Sportsman channel. Honestly you get tired of watching a guy kill a huge whitetail on a highly managed property. Some of these shows have 3-4 deer killed in a single episode. Like they genuinely feel more kills leads to more viewers (I realize kill vids get more views on YouTube but theres probably diminishing returns with multiple successive kills). YouTube even has better managed deer shows like Growing Deer for example.

I wonder if that's why outdoor channel seems to be showing more western films recently.

A local couple regularly go to Africa to bowhunt. They have taken some amazing trophies. They are excellent filmmakers as well and tried to push one of their films to the commercial level. Reason they were rejected? Their camo wasn't all matchy-matchy. Different brand shirts and pants. The horror...the horror.

Commercial hunting shows are so bad. I just love it when they say, "And we'll just find it tomorrow morning,". Yeah, after the meat is all soured. Stopped watching years ago...although yeah, that Tiffany on the bowhunting show was cute too. ;)

This is about as groundbreaking of news as the story I saw on CNN about how Anderson Cooper's dog was getting used to having a baby in the house.

Agree with several above, good for them for making a living doing something they love. Just not my cup of tea.

I imagine pse dropped them because they now have pigman and Dudley and those two alone will sell more bows than drurys ever did. I mean the fact that Dudley linked up with Rogan, Jocko, black rifle, etc. means his reach by this point is far greater than the drurys. Just seems like good business to me.

I don't know much about the Drurys. They primarily do whitetail and that is usually boring video content. But good they got a new sponsor. I've never been much of a PSE fan and I think the Mathews is a better product. Currently I shoot a Diamond, because thats what my wife bought me for fathers day a few years back. If I got a new bow today, I would seriously consider the Mathews. But not because of who uses or pushes it in their video.

Wonder if all those marginal shots making the cut the last couple seasons had anything to do with it . . .

Highly doubt it...that’s why they shoot Rage broadheads! As many deer as they act like they marginally hit and leave lay, Id be curious how many spoil by the time they get around to tracking them.

Highly doubt it...that’s why they shoot Rage broadheads! As many deer as they act like they marginally hit and leave lay, Id be curious how many spoil by the time they get around to tracking them.
More than the audience will over know and I highly doubt they care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back