People Fleeing cities? Not according to Zillow

Every sex ed class should involve an exercise where you try to get two kids dressed and out the door, for advanced students you can add a time limit.
I don't know if that woukd help. Have them sit through one of these kids shows for hours on end on repeat. We'd being going backwards in numbers due to suicide rate. In all seriousness growth isn't stopping its probably the biggest purpose in life. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of people out there whose reproduction is a tragedy for the rest of us.

I don't know if that woukd help. Have them sit through one of these kids shows for hours on end on repeat. We'd being going backwards in numbers due to suicide rate. In all seriousness growth isn't stopping its probably the biggest purpose in life. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of people out there whose reproduction is a tragedy for the rest of us.
not necessarily shrinking, just not growing. I realize there's some very hard held religious beliefs that factor into peoples family planning... I just don't buy into them so it's difficult for me to put much merit in them. 1-2 kids should be sufficient.

not necessarily shrinking, just not growing. I realize there's some very hard held religious beliefs that factor into peoples family planning... I just don't buy into them so it's difficult for me to put much merit in them. 1-2 kids should be sufficient.
Isn't the number of kids people are having on average shrinking? I thought I read that. Sure seems like it woukd with the cost of everything.

Isn't the number of kids people are having on average shrinking? I thought I read that. Sure seems like it woukd with the cost of everything.
Yep. The population is supposed to peak around 2043 without immigration.

The appraiser typically is acting as agent for the mortgage lender. The lender wants some valuation cushion.
Valuation cushion is loan to value.

I’m a commercial banker. Banks can’t suggest a value to an appraiser. If proven it occurred, the banks would lose collection of defaults in court. There’s federal laws about the topic and everything else banking.

It's not up to me or anyone else to say what is sufficient imo. We have three If I was an even bigger idiot with my money I woukd have liked to have had more. The wife however was/is done.
ok.

It's just a simple equation. The more people we have, the smaller piece of the pie we all get. Public land gets more crowded, private land gets more crowded, we have more homes and less habitat, more traffic, less clean water. IMO that equation works for freedom as well. The more people we have the less individual freedoms we have in order to ensure we all have some freedoms. I know not everyone shares that sentiment.

There is an unavoidable cost to everything. And too many decisions are made because the costs are very small or occur over a long time, humans are generally bad in those spaces.

Honestly, I'm not in support of any actual mandate for families, that's draconian. But much like the laments on financial literacy I wish education included a broader perspective on what it means to procreate, and all the various ramifications and rewards that come with it.

ok.

It's just a simple equation. The more people we have, the smaller piece of the pie we all get. Public land gets more crowded, private land gets more crowded, we have more homes and less habitat, more traffic, less clean water. IMO that equation works for freedom as well. The more people we have the less individual freedoms we have in order to ensure we all have some freedoms. I know not everyone shares that sentiment.

There is an unavoidable cost to everything. And too many decisions are made because the costs are very small or occur over a long time, humans are generally bad in those spaces.

Honestly, I'm not in support of any actual mandate for families, that's draconian. But much like the laments on financial literacy I wish education included a broader perspective on what it means to procreate, and all the various ramifications and rewards that come with it.
I totally get what your saying and that's not hard to see. Pretty simple math. I just can't imagine telling another adult that x is sufficent for them.

I can’t wait to live quite literally anywhere else besides Minneapolis.
I live somewhere besides Minneapolis now. The summer of 2020 in Minneapolis, living 6 blocks from George Floyd Square, was not tight.

Never thought I would be a south metro bastard but at least it’s not covid/riot summer in Minneapolis. However, the inlaws basement is only a half step up.

It's not up to me or anyone else to say what is sufficient imo. We have three If I was an even bigger idiot with my money I woukd have liked to have had more. The wife however was/is done.
My first serious girlfriend 14-19 wanted 13 kids. Last I checked she was almost halfway there at 6. She's a nice enough person but am glad I dodged fathering my own personal football team.

My first serious girlfriend 14-19 wanted 13 kids. Last I checked she was almost halfway there at 6. She's a nice enough person but am glad I dodged fathering my own personal football team.
There is a family of hog farmers from the town I grew up in. It's a little strange situation but the Two brothers built a huge shop/house style addition onto there parents house like 6,000 sq ft. So technically the grandparents and two sons and there wives and kids all live in the same house (looks more like a compound). Each of them have something like 8 to 10 kids. When I'd go buy in the morning it looked like the Dodgers spring training getting on the school bus.

Valuation cushion is loan to value.

I’m a commercial banker. Banks can’t suggest a value to an appraiser. If proven it occurred, the banks would lose collection of defaults in court. There’s federal laws about the topic and everything else banking.
True, not suggesting that. The appraisal is typically "suggested" by the realtor. If the bank doesn't like the number they can ask for another. a low appraisal is redundancy to the bank's safety, but that isn't really the issue. An appraisal is a guess but there is a lot of impact on the transaction. If the appraiser's bid is slightly low, the bank requires the buyer to put up more $$$. If it is way to low the transaction falls through. Too high and the seller is mad and the selling agent doesn't look good. Appraisers have a tough job. There have been a lot of papers on the principal-agent relationship in home buying. Apprasiers-Realtors-buyer-sellers. F-ing mess, but very interesting. An appraiser doesn't want a reputation for being too high or too low, but wants to be called on the next deal. The mortgage will probably get sold to Fannie or Freddie anyway. If this happens a lot, the bank doesn't care as much.

Commercial mortgages are a little different. Banks like to retain them on their books and participants are typically more informed. That's not to say we won't see some blow ups from that space in the near future. Hope that isn't the case for you.

China's one-child policy has resulted in its current population shrinking. It isn't great for the economy.

I totally get what your saying and that's not hard to see. Pretty simple math. I just can't imagine telling another adult that x is sufficent for them.
I can. I just can't imagine someone else telling me that. Another great example of my internal, and eternal, personal hypocrisy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back