Does this stuff ever end?

It's getting far worse. I think it's the ego generation. Poachers such as this need to be punished by, having a mini guillotine, placed over their scrotum, and let go.

I agree, its getting worse and worse all the time. Its getting to the point you almost cant even have a trophy area any more...the big elk, deer, etc. get poached so bad.

The fines arent heavy enough and the courts are too soft.

Aside from the serious aspect... I find it amusing the comment,
“And now our tax money is being spent making federal cases out of alleged rednecks who supposedly harvest an extra deer.”
Their court filing noted the government alleges more than 60 hunters illegally killed more than 119 deer between the 2005-2008 hunting season, including the taking of 70 trophy white-tail bucks.
Alleged rednecks who supposedly harvest an extra deer? HAHA! What a joke...
Agree with the same sentiments shared here.

I agree with that has been posted above. The fines are too little and the prison penalty not near enough. This is far different than "alleged rednecks killing an extra deer", not that I'm saying that is OK, but to portray this organized, repeated poaching as that is ridiculous. These guys need permanent suspension of hunting priveleges as well as a lengthy jail term

The scope of the grand jury investigation, believed to be one of the largest criminal prosecutions involving the illegal taking of deer, was made public in a court filing Monday in the federal government’s case against the camp’s owner and his brother,
both of Martinsville, Texas

Cripes, more sterling ambassadors. Check out the comments...

However, James Butler’s attorney Kurt Kerns calls the legal action “ridiculous.”

“The state of Kansas has paid out over $100,000 to independent contractors to thin the Kansas deer herd for management purposes,” Kerns said in an e-mail. “And now our tax money is being spent making federal cases out of alleged rednecks who supposedly harvest an extra deer.”

This overpaid redneck attorney ought to be capped....

Lets see a few rednecks taking an extra deer? charging up to 5000.00 to take a deer for 119 deer. That's nearly 600K I'm thinking they are not a dumb redneck.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back