Caribou Gear

do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 5% of voters list illegal immigration in their top few issues...which means Trump is wasting time on an issue that 95% of the voting public place near the bottom of their list of issues they find important.

Smart issue to waste time on??? Smart to pander to that 5%???

I don't know, but if I were in the election winning business I'd probably try to appeal to the 95% instead of the 5%...but that's just me.

The top issues are the economy and national security, which Clinton is the big time loser in both of those categories.

Washington Hunter, There are alot of people on this sight that share your same beliefs but have given up arguing on here. I commend you for staying in the fight so long.

The scariest part about Hillary Clinton isn't that she is a lier or that she has sold our secrets, or has proven that she is above the law, or has left some of our military men hung out to dry, and is one of the most corrupt politicians to have ever held an office and will continue to be.. the SCARY part is her supporters DON"T CARE.

Last edited:
Washington Hunter, There are alot of people on this sight that share your same beliefs but have given up arguing on here. I commend you for staying in the fight so long.

The scariest part about Hillary Clinton isn't that she is a lier or that she has sold our secrets, or has proven that she is above the law, or has left some of our military men hung out to dry, and is one of the most corrupt politicians to have ever held an office and will continue to be.. the SCARY part is her supporters DON"T CARE.

Exactly! Honestly I've never met a Hillary supporter in real life. They seem to be only on the Internet. Everyone I know is voting Trump. Not all were Trump supporters in the beginning, but when it comes down to Hillary or Trump, it's Trump 100%.

Exactly! Honestly I've never met a Hillary supporter in real life. They seem to be only on the Internet. Everyone I know is voting Trump. Not all were Trump supporters in the beginning, but when it comes down to Hillary or Trump, it's Trump 100%.

Do you think Washington State will vote Trump?

Maybe I'm too simplistic but both the national and MT republican party platforms call for the transfer (sale) of federal public lands to the states. While I can get behind a smaller more efficient government, PLT coupled with the continued focus on legislating morality means I will never vote R. Trump is running as a Republican (not really sure he is anything but a narcissist). I'm sure you can guess what party I'll be voting for.

I seriously doubt it.

How can that possibly be? You said you never meet a Clinton supporter. Yet, your state will vote Clinton?

I think many of us "WISH" to believe the Donald will do what he says. The reality is that there's many signs he won't!

Now how I vote is yet to be determined. I gave a lot of consideration to Oreo cookie, but now thinking I'll go with a conservative dilly bar.

How can that possibly be? You said you never meet a Clinton supporter. Yet, your state will vote Clinton?

I think many of us "WISH" to believe the Donald will do what he says. The reality is that there's many signs he won't!

Now how I vote is yet to be determined. I gave a lot of consideration to Oreo cookie, but now thinking I'll go with a conservative dilly bar.

I don't live in King County (Seattle). That's where all the Hillary supporters live, and the majority of the population of the state lives.

I believe Washington Hunter is on to something. He claims to have never met a Hillary supporter except on the internet yet his state will probably vote for Hillary. My belief has always been that if you are pissed about something and discontent enough, you are probably more likely to vocalize it. Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. aren't vocalizing for a silent majority...they simply repeat what the vocal minority is pissed off about. They never have solutions nor do they really want solutions. I look at facebook and see probably 100-1 negative memes about Hillary but when you question someone about the veracity of the meme, you are just being an a-hole. When you post facts, the subject changes to what else she does wrong. Again, no answers just angry outbursts. Washington Hunter has an outburst about illegal immigration (again not on topic) but when asked for a solution...there is none. When asked about the implications , no answers. Just angry outbursts. Schmalts, it may be that 3 justices will be new to the court but they will still need consent of the Senate which I believe will stay Republican. In all honesty, that will probably be the best scenario for the next four years. If I had a good feeling congress would flip to the democrats, I would be less concerned about Trump. I just don't believe that will happen. So, I will likely vote Hillary, the state will vote Trump and the rest of the nation will decide who is President. I also honestly believe that Hillary would be more likely to work with congress and across party lines than Trump. I don't think Trump will likely work well with anyone but I could see him using public lands as chip to put on the poker table as part of the "art of the deal". Shoots-straight, are you sure a peanut buster parfait wouldn't be the more conservative choice? Dilly bar seems more progressive.

About 5% of voters list illegal immigration in their top few issues...which means Trump is wasting time on an issue that 95% of the voting public place near the bottom of their list of issues they find important.

Smart issue to waste time on??? Smart to pander to that 5%???.
Where did you pull that info from. Pew and Gallup surveys show a much much different number than you posted, If you look at a poll where they only asked for the 1 top topic you may come up with the number you posted but when polls ask for a range of topics you get a more realistic number
.4_1.png

Last edited:
Schmalts- the bigger issue with immigration (and likely the reason the number in your research is so much higher) is due to refugee immigration (Syrian/ Muslim immigration). Illegal immigration and dropped considerably from the list of high priority.

Schmalts- the bigger issue with immigration (and likely the reason the number in your research is so much higher) is due to refugee immigration (Syrian/ Muslim immigration). Illegal immigration and dropped considerably from the list of high priority.

Not buying that. The biggest reason many do not think illegal immigration is a problem is they live in an area not affected as much by it. Same goes for many other topics. Anyone concerned with national security, health care costs, school costs, prison costs, crime, labor wages driven down, all should at least have already been concerned about Illegal immigration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back