do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Clinton is not the lying but that she has use her her position to enrich the Clinton's. She has a long history of this going back all the way to Arkansas. The Cattle futures deal comes to mind. I worry that Clinton will use Public Land for political payoff. Even democrats should worry about Clinton. If she doesn't change her ways she could brand the democratic party as the party of corruption.

Obviously the laws and the Consitution could use some clarification on this issue, since when the 14th Amendment was originally written, the intent was for children born of people who were non-citizens but were here LEGALLY.

So you want to tweek the 14th but hands off the 2nd?

Being a younger adult this election really opened my eyes to the problem we face in America and the future. This thread clearly shows the problem we have at hand. I do not want to generalize all people when I say this but the majority of them fall into here. People vote based on party which is fine but why do we drive a wedge between each other? Why cant we take the problems we have at hand and the solutions proposed at compromise rather than call the other side an idiot.
Because there is a *&#^$ of money to be made by creating conflict. The question in my mind is why are Hannity, Savage, Breitbart, etc so popular? The vitriol is so overwhelming with them how can a person listen to them in good conscious? Worse, how can they believe them? The left has equivalents I'm sure, but their audience pales by comparison. Now Trump is having them literally running his campaign.

The problem with Clinton is not the lying but that she has use her her position to enrich the Clinton's. She has a long history of this going back all the way to Arkansas. The Cattle futures deal comes to mind. I worry that Clinton will use Public Land for political payoff. Even democrats should worry about Clinton. If she doesn't change her ways she could brand the democratic party as the party of corruption.
Thankfully there is no more room on the ass for another brand. The Rs, on the other hand, shouldn't have chosen such a big mascot. ;)

Last edited:

How long has the stigma of GW Bush carried forward with being highly attached to the oil and gas industry? I can't think of a candidate that has been more tied to one particular industry and put more people into offices that were attached to one industry. On the other hand, it didn't brand his presidency or the party with the word "corruption". The main problem with Clinton isn't whether she has lied more than any other candidate, it's that she has been branded as someone who has lied more than any other candidate. If Trump lies, he is simply misled due to not having experience...John Kerry was a flip flopper from changing political ideas, Trump is maturing in his ideals...even if it is within a year and he has changed his mind back and forth 3 times. It's not how people see candidates, but instead it is how a candidate markets themselves and how the other side brands them. When looking at fact checker websites, I have found that over-all ratings show Clinton telling fewer lies than Trump when giving speeches and answering questions. However, it would be impossible to convince the average person this as being true...the reason, Hillary is attached to Bill and Bill's presidency was branded as being dishonest due to him lying about an affair...funny part, most people couldn't tell you what that controversy was really about. I guess my bottom line is this...I don't care who you vote for, just don't let the other side, meme's, bumper stickers, and 30 second commercials make your decision. Try to dig a little deeper into issues and find out what policies the candidate has as priorities and what they can actually achieve. I don't see Clinton being able to take your gun and I don't see Trump building a wall.

I don't see Clinton being able to take your gun and I don't see Trump building a wall.

Be careful what you see, the next POTUS will elect possibly 2 or more SCOTUS judges. Then you will see gun right rules change if She is elected. Maybe not the gun laws you care about, but in fact gun laws will get changed.

As I said, the intent was never to grant citizenship to a child born here by parents who were here illegally. It's ridiculous that this is still happening. No other country would allow this.

About 5% of voters list illegal immigration in their top few issues...which means Trump is wasting time on an issue that 95% of the voting public place near the bottom of their list of issues they find important.

Smart issue to waste time on??? Smart to pander to that 5%???

I don't know, but if I were in the election winning business I'd probably try to appeal to the 95% instead of the 5%...but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back