do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay?

Looks like reality TV if you ask me. What is your point?

Donald Trump's sons are outdoorsmen, and they're raising their families that way. I consider both Donald Jr. and Eric Trump to be "one of us." No, their dad is not a hunter but he supports their lifestyle.

Try listening to this interview:

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/interviews/donaldtrumpjr/

"When people think of Donald Trump and his family they think real estate moguls, reality TV stars, and mega wealth. What you probably don't know is that Trump's two sons; Don Jr and Eric Trump are hard-core bowhunters, gun hunters, fishermen, and shooters. They are also down to earth, and focused on introducing their family to an outdoor lifestyle.

When I was introduced to Donald Trump Jr. by David Eder (owner of Eders.com) I expected campaign coordination, rules of engagement, and a series of reviews and approvals. I was told that none of that was necessary. Don said just ask whatever I want and then put it on-line. Very cool.

We are running this interview as three distinct sections. Part I is about Donald Trump Jr's introduction to hunting, his gear, and his favorite hunts. Part II is about his views and philosophy on hunting and the outdoor lifestyle. Part III is about growing up Trump, his Dad's views on the 2nd Amendment, and what a Trump Presidency would mean for sportsmen. We hope you enjoy this exclusive Bowsite.com feature."

I've read the transcript. I do not speak for my father and nor do I believe they speak for theirs.

They may be hunters, but they are not hunters like those of us on here, unless you hunt like the duke of Wellington or the Wilks brothers. They are of a different socio-economic class than us and likely always will be thanks to Grand-dads $1,000,000 investment into the boys old man.

I'm sorry you've invested so much of yourself into him. He has not been an honest man for as long as I can remember. He has always struck me as a self aggrandizing soul who would sell his own soul to make the next deal. That's what he is about, Donald Trump.

Good luck with your election, at least you'll be able to say you didn't vote for the president.

I don't hold it against them that they have money. Hillary Clinton has hundreds of millions of dollars she acquired as a result of being a corrupt politician. You see that as being better than a businessman and family who work for their money?

If Donald Trump didn't have money he wouldn't be running for president. It's sad that being wealthy is a necessity, but it is. That's the only reason he was able to make it this far, he has his own money. So I'm sure as heck not going to hold that against him.

Again, I'm not sure why having money is a bad thing. Unless you got it illegally like the Clintons did.

both of Trump's older sons are avid hunters. You love hunting, why would you vote for someone who hates it?

Just because Trump's sons hunt does not mean Trump somehow vicariously shares that.

Hunting

In fact, in 2012 Trump told TMZ, "My sons love hunting. They're hunters and they've become good at it. I am not a believer in hunting and I'm surprised they like it." Which was also mentioned in a 2016 interview with Trump Jr., "Trump the candidate has flip-flopped on gun control and doesn’t share his son’s sportsmanship. 'He’s shot before, but his only real thing is work, with some golf mixed in,' Trump, Jr., said."

In the Outdoor Life interview in January, when asked if he was a hunter and did he own a gun, he stated he owned a gun, was a member of NRA and then twice stated his sons hunted.

Land
In an NBC article: " As president, Donald Trump would sell off $16 trillion worth of U.S. government assets in order to fulfill his pledge to eliminate the national debt in eight years, senior adviser with the campaign Barry Bennett said.

'The United States government owns more real estate than anybody else, more land than anybody else, more energy than anybody else," Bennett told Chris Jansing Sunday on MSNBC. 'We can get rid of government buildings we're not using, we can extract the energy from government lands, we can do all kinds of things to extract value from the assets that we hold.' "

In 2009, Trump sought to seize land in Scotland for his bloody golf course, "Trump now has to persuade councillors to use their compulsory purchase orders to seize the other four plots, including Forbes's land and the house at Hermit Point owned by the anti-Trump campaigner David Milne."

In 2015 Trump advocated for seizure of land here, using eminent domain, "GOP front-runner Donald Trump is complicating the job of conservative pundits by supporting the government's use of eminent domain, the power by which it can seize private property for public use, and his stance on the issue is splitting the right-leaning press wildly. Trump praised government land grabs in a Fox News interview this week, even though it's a topic that usually gets the conservative press in an uproar... He said later that eminent domain is 'wonderful,' adding also that property owners targeted by the government can often benefit from it."

In a letter he wrote in 2016, he stated, "The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians. Far removed from the beautiful wide open spaces of Nevada, bureaucrats bend to the influence that is closest to them. Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation. In and around Clark County, the situation is even worse." This is how he views the access to public lands, for business.

In the Elko Daily Press Feb. 2016, Trump Jr. stated on land transfer, " 'He doesn’t oppose sending it to the states. What he opposes is it becoming something other than for the benefit of the public. He wants to make sure that people like yourselves, your children, your grandchildren can continue to use those lands in an open setting. He doesn’t want it to go to the states and say "Well I’m going to sell it now to a big corporation and we’re going to develop tens of thousands of acres into something other than what is designed." ' "

I think his idea of who the public is, like Bundy's, varies as to who is "helping or benefiting" him, or what he wants and what can be gained. He is a real estate broker, land is simply a commodity for greater wealth and power in his eyes. There is no consistency in position, which is all the more compromised with the recent people he has been adding to his team. I haven't had time to look into his new team members positions on transferring selling public lands, but Michelle Bachman made her position known before and so did Hannity with the whole Bundy debacle. Adding more tea party radicals does not bode well for the public's interest.

katganna

One question. Would you agree with the FEDS selling public lands to settle the enormous public debt. I have an opinion, but I want yours. I am sure they are the same!

katganna

One question. Would you agree with the FEDS selling public lands to settle the enormous public debt. I have an opinion, but I want yours. I am sure they are the same!

Selling assets is never the best way to deal with debt. There are three options to deal with the debt. Increase tax rates, spend less money or grow the economy. Most likely going to take a combination of all three. As long as we can find someone to finance our debt by buying treasury bonds at a low interest rate the debt is not as big a threat to public land as greedy politicians . When the time comes that people will no longer buy treasury's at a low interest rate politicians in both parties will start to sell off land. The debt is not a short term threat but long term there is no future for public land if the debt continues to grow like in the last ten years.

Last edited:
Trump has been a democrat nearly his whole life, but wasn't a racist until he stopped funding them and turned into a Republican. How does that work, media?

I don't hold it against them that they have money. Hillary Clinton has hundreds of millions of dollars she acquired as a result of being a corrupt politician. You see that as being better than a businessman and family who work for their money?

If Donald Trump didn't have money he wouldn't be running for president. It's sad that being wealthy is a necessity, but it is. That's the only reason he was able to make it this far, he has his own money. So I'm sure as heck not going to hold that against him.

Again, I'm not sure why having money is a bad thing. Unless you got it illegally like the Clintons did.

I don't hold their money against them, or anyone for that matter. But I do know their money gives them different access to the world than I have. But, to suggest because they hunt they are just like me is naive. They are not like me and I'm pretty sure they would never want my life for themselves.

I can empathize with a poor person, but because I am not poor I cannot claim to know what it is to be poor. Much in my life would have to go very wrong for me to find out. The Trumps may be able to empathize with the middle class, but the Trumps will never know what it is to live a middle class life. And a lot would have to go wrong for them to find out.

As to your emotional and unfounded Clinton outburst. You have repeatedly failed to listen to people on here. I have not mentioned the Clintons once. This is NOT an either or argument. It is a thread that has repeatedly used facts to demonstrate why Trump is a bad idea, and the facts against Trump do not suggest Clinton is good. The question of this thread is about Trump and the truth is out there.

As to Trump, his money, and business. You're correct in stating that initially Trump funded himself. Beyond that statement is where I differ with your opinion. His decision to run has always been about his business and ultimately what he has to gain. His tax plan, for example, if passed would greatly increase the amount of wealth passed along to his heirs and reduce the amount he would pay annually until he dies.

It is my opinion that Trump is running because it will be good for his business not out of any altruistic belief in America and her people. He is narcissistic and, like any politician, will tell anyone what they want to hear to get elected. He preys on people's fears and emotions makes irrational and racist statements. Of the ideas I've heard him spew very few would be good for the majority of Americans or American.

I don't hold their money against them, or anyone for that matter. But I do know their money gives them different access to the world than I have. But, to suggest because they hunt they are just like me is naive. They are not like me and I'm pretty sure they would never want my life for themselves.

I can empathize with a poor person, but because I am not poor I cannot claim to know what it is to be poor. Much in my life would have to go very wrong for me to find out. The Trumps may be able to empathize with the middle class, but the Trumps will never know what it is to live a middle class life. And a lot would have to go wrong for them to find out.

As to your emotional and unfounded Clinton outburst. You have repeatedly failed to listen to people on here. I have not mentioned the Clintons once. This is NOT an either or argument. It is a thread that has repeatedly used facts to demonstrate why Trump is a bad idea, and the facts against Trump do not suggest Clinton is good. The question of this thread is about Trump and the truth is out there.

As to Trump, his money, and business. You're correct in stating that initially Trump funded himself. Beyond that statement is where I differ with your opinion. His decision to run has always been about his business and ultimately what he has to gain. His tax plan, for example, if passed would greatly increase the amount of wealth passed along to his heirs and reduce the amount he would pay annually until he dies.

It is my opinion that Trump is running because it will be good for his business not out of any altruistic belief in America and her people. He is narcissistic and, like any politician, will tell anyone what they want to hear to get elected. He preys on people's fears and emotions makes irrational and racist statements. Of the ideas I've heard him spew very few would be good for the majority of Americans or American.

I couldn't disagree more with nearly 100% of what you wrote. This IS an "either or argument." Either Trump is going to be president, or Clinton is. So if you're arguing against one, you're supporting the other.

I can see I won't be changing your mind anytime soon, so I'll leave it at that.

I so bad want this thread to die. On the other hand I can't help but laugh that The Donald is trying to unalienate the pro-immigration folks which will certainly alienate his only remaining supporters. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ump-is-considering-his-biggest-flip-flop-yet/

Results, "to be determined."

Why Would that alienate his supporters? I want someone who will talk about, and address, the illegal immigration problem. Which has totally been ignored for three decades. Trump will do that. Who knows what the specific solution will be in the end? The president does not make that decision by himself. So it's really irrelevant that Trump at one time may have said that he wanted to deport every illegal immigrant. That's the way lots of us DO feel, but we know it's not practical and would never happen. It's also obvious to most people that it would be 100% wrong and totally unfair to immediately grant them citizenship, which is likely what Hillary would want to do. You simply can't reward people for violating the law. Trump wants to do SOMETHING to stop illegal immigration. Hillary wants to do nothing, except make the problem worse. So that's what us voters are voting for- either a decrease in illegal immigration, or an increase. I don't see any Trump supporters changing their mind just because he may not be taking the extreme positions that he was in the beginning.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Big Fin will shut this thread down soon. I'd love to log in and see something other than this thread pop up. Elk season is just days away.....

I'm curious why you say he's racist? Nothing could be further from the truth. When you've got nothing else, I guess all you can do is resort to calling names.

Trump is not racist? He has insulted everyone who is not white.
Wow! Talk about sicking your head in the sand.

Trump is not racist? He has insulted everyone who is not white.
Wow! Talk about sicking your head in the sand.

He has done no such thing. If you believe that, you're obviously only watching the anti-Trump / pro-Hillary networks. I watch many of Trump's speeches and have been since the beginning of his campaign.

The racist label was put on him by the liberals because they had nothing else to discredit him and his opinions. He tells the truth and they don't like that. I'd like to know what your definition of racist is.

By the way, try watching Trump on YouTube. There you can see the full speeches instead of the edited versions that the liberal networks use to try to make him look bad.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Big Fin will shut this thread down soon. I'd love to log in and see something other than this thread pop up. Elk season is just days away.....

Agreed. Locked. Like all internet discussions on politics, not a single mind has been changed and the value of the discussion has reached the point where there is fat better use of this platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back