do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't understand. Anytime it becomes apparent that someone is in the country illegally, they should be sent home. If that place happens to be in the hospital, so be it. Of course, after the baby is born. She will have benefited already by the taxpayer financed hospital stay. Now it's time to send her home rather than continuing to spend more money on someone who is a criminal for having come here. Do you think Americans could go to Mexico and expect to receive free health care and a free education? If not, then why should we be providing that for them?

But what about the baby, who is, Constitutionally, an American?

Come on Hunter, for the benefit of those who don't understand the problems with what you are advocating, what goes in the blank?

Obviously the laws and the Consitution could use some clarification on this issue, since when the 14th Amendment was originally written, the intent was for children born of people who were non-citizens but were here LEGALLY.

Obviously the laws and the Consitution could use some clarification on this issue, since when the 14th Amendment was originally written, the intent was for children born of people who were non-citizens but were here LEGALLY.

But even before the 14th Amendment, the baby would be able to grow up and become President of the United States.

So you're okay with people violating our laws? Then vote for Hillary. You're "with her."

That is a two-valued orientation and illogical. I never said I was okay with people violating our laws. Nor have I ever found myself "with her." I'm merely pointing out the holes in your argument and the legal/Constitutional difficulties your side faces.

The baby is as American as you are (assuming you are American). Rather than lock yourself into an illogical position, you could have offered an alternative, such as giving the mother a choice: Take the baby with you until such time as it reaches the age of majority or could otherwise return to the U.S. on it's own. Or, leave it here if there is someone here you are willing to leave it with. Or some other such alternative. But the baby is as American as you are. If you are going to punish the son for the sins of the mother, then you are going to find yourself in a world of hurt, reparations and restitution.

Last edited:
I don't have all the solutions. I just want our government to begin doing their job and enforcing our immigration laws, rather than burying their heads in the sand and pretending it's not a problem.

Washington Hunter, the point of all this was to illustrate the problems with Trump's plans that you are cheer leading. His simplistic solutions have huge barriers, many of them constitutional. Other ones are things he can't control.

The Mother should not have been here in the first place, nor should the baby have been born here either. 2 wrongs don't make a right. You cannot allow someone to benefit from breaking laws.

The Mother should not have been here in the first place, nor should the baby have been born here either. 2 wrongs don't make a right. You cannot allow someone to benefit from breaking laws.

The second wrong is to deny an American Citizen all the rights of an American Citizen. So yeah, you are correct, that won't make a right. Crime requires mens rea. A baby has none. You can't allow a perpetrator to benefit from breaking laws. But neither can you punish an innocent when someone else breaks a law. Again, that would be the second wrong and, as you say, two wrongs don't make a right.

After typing this I realized this thread is getting off topic.

Last edited:
Being a younger adult this election really opened my eyes to the problem we face in America and the future. This thread clearly shows the problem we have at hand. I do not want to generalize all people when I say this but the majority of them fall into here. People vote based on party which is fine but why do we drive a wedge between each other? Why cant we take the problems we have at hand and the solutions proposed at compromise rather than call the other side an idiot.

I know it is easier said than done but the problem is most people do not even try because they are so invested with their party winning they do not look at the bigger picture.

I think the best candidate that ran this year and showed they could work with both parties was John Kasich. I didn't like in the debates they didn't give him the time of day because him speaking wouldn't have the ratings go up. They would rather have some one talk about their size of their dick and fight among themselves to see higher ratings.

Yes both Hilary and Trump have their faults as people. Everyone says she is a liar and cant be trusted. But name me a candidate that hasn't lied to gain votes. Don't think for a second someone like Trump hasn't sold people out or made shady deals to further advance himself in life. You don't think he would use the presidency to further advance his business career after he is president if he wins? You do not get to his status as a business man being ethical and always doing what is right.

I agree it is nice to see someone who is not a career politician in there but I would still want someone with experience. In almost all cases in life if its picking an employee or a doctor we choose someone with experience over someone who doesn't have much. I know if I had to pick a doctor to do brain surgery on me and had two choices. One has experience in it but has their flaws. Or someone who has no experience and who says they know what to do but when asked how they will fix it they don't give you a straight answer on their plan to how to fix it.

I just don't like seeing our country divided that is not what it was founded on. We are the "United" not Divided States of America. No matter who wins we have to deal with them for 4 years why don't we all start acting like we are United once again rather than driving the wedge deeper between our country.

Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back