do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is likely that both of the current candidates a will be a single term president for a number of reasons. Trump is a buffoon and Clinton is corrupt and that is not likely to change. The president that we need to worry about is the next one if Clinton wins.

Gr8bawana, You really never get out of Grade School on these discussions do you? John

Is that really your grievance? Or is it the fact that the Republican party is circling the drain and most that aren't in denial know it? That really has to sting, when your party hangs you out to dry. But be aware, that many have been warning the R's for a long time that you cant draw hard lines and exclude huge segments of the voting block and be successful. They've chosen the exclusionary route and the chickens have come home to roost. The old school R's think that they, along with the rest of the U.S., live in a vacuum. I say, "welcome to the reality you created"...

People are tired of their crap platform, their crap candidates, their foolish ideas like public lands transfer, trickle down economics, etc. etc. etc.

Adapt or die Republican Party. The view form here? You're CHOOSING to die...so be it.

It is likely that both of the current candidates a will be a single term president for a number of reasons. Trump is a buffoon and Clinton is corrupt and that is not likely to change. The president that we need to worry about is the next one if Clinton wins.

DING DING....we have a winner!!

People are tired of their crap platform, their crap candidates, their foolish ideas like public lands transfer, trickle down economics, etc. etc. etc.

Adapt or die Republican Party. The view form here? You're CHOOSING to die...so be it.

Couldn't you say the same about the Democratic Party? Not only that, but their candidate is the most corrupt politician ever, and a criminal who should be in prison, along with her husband.

I dunno, maybe he will pick a debate coach/advisor that will really appeal to the women voter and he can pull this off.

No Buzz, You missed it again. I was enjoying the discussion and yes I will be voting for Trump. Big deal, s=doesn't mean I like to see the discussion break down to where it isn't anything but a but hurt contest. John

Couldn't you say the same about the Democratic Party?
There is a significant difference. The Democrats have been fairly consistent and predictable with respect to the more liberal agendas and platforms, which most of us have consistently opposed. As a has-been-but-no-longer Republican my entire life until the past few years, I can readily point to the Tea Party influence, the radical religious right, the government hating, anti taxation, but no-viable-solution factions of the Republican party that have entrenched the party in an unrealistic ideology which reflects little understanding of the history of government and the role of government in this country, as established by the Constitution. These factions within the party are not only at odds with one another, they have no real agenda or solutions and thus are at odds with voters who want all three branches of our federal and / or state governments to get things accomplished on our behalf. The goals seem to be centered around perpetuating ideology ... not real progress.

Couldn't you say the same about the Democratic Party? Not only that, but their candidate is the most corrupt politician ever, and a criminal who should be in prison, along with her husband.

The Republican party platform is a non-winner...read straight arrows post.

You cant hate minorities, you cant continue to beat the "overturn roe v wade" drum, cater to religion, and many of the other policies of the platform and expect to win an election. Its not going to happen.

The fastest growing religion in the U.S. is, people that don't believe in it at all. The over-whelming majority of the U.S. does not want to repeal Roe v. Wade. The majority of Americans find trickle down economics akin to voodoo and failed economic policy. The majority of Americans don't hate public lands enough to transfer them to the States. The vast majority of Americans like the idea of allowing immigration, not opposed to it. A majority believe in a separation of Church and State.

Do you want to me go on or do you get the point?

You cant have major platform policies that a majority disagree with you on and expect to win...you simply cant. Sure, the R platform may be appealing to white, wealthy, old men...but that isn't going to carry you anywhere in an election. Exactly why the R's are going to lose big in this coming election cycle, something they simply cant seem to figure out.

IMO, the Republican party can not continue to function with their current platform and agenda...they're still stuck in a 1950's policy fog, and seem unaware that the world has changed around them.

That's not to say the D platform is that much better, but IT IS better when compared to the R platform and good enough to win elections (as sad as that may be).

The R's have lost a lot of their base with the public lands transfer BS...and for that, I don't feel one bit sorry for them. Dumbest asses in captivity for ever making that part of their platform, its going to hurt them pretty big in local elections around my part of the world.

Last edited:
The last 2 post are spot on in my book!

The GOP left me.
The DNC was stolen by the same folks .

Well said.

The big difference between the Republican Party platform and the Democratic Party platform? More people like the Dem platform and keep electing them as President. All the Republicans seem to do about is bitch and moan about how stupid and out of touch people are, while continuing down the same road they're on. Then, they wonder why they keep losing.

Revamp your party platform to align it with ENOUGH of what voters want so that they are willing to accept it and support it. It ain't rocket science.

Some of you talk like Crooked Hillary has already won the election. She hasn't. And Trump has tons of support and enthusiasm for his campaign. Even the people who intend to vote for Hillary, aren't enthusiastic about her. She's a total joke of a candidate. Unbelievable that this is the best the Democrats could come up with. It's sad that anyone wouid ever consider voting for her.

. All the Republicans seem to do about is bitch and moan about how stupid and out of touch people are, while continuing down the same road they're on. Then, they wonder why they keep losing.

Revamp your party platform to align it with ENOUGH of what voters want so that they are willing to accept it and support it. It ain't rocket science.

This applies to both sides on many topics.

HC is one of the most despised people in this country.

Beating her should be a lay up. It should be a huge blowout. ANY competent and a lot of incompetent Republicans could beat her. Yet, she's going to win.
Does Trump's campaign lately look like someone who wants to win?
All he has to do is focus on 'America 1st', jobs, better trade, take care of vets etc.. Even if its all hot air, he wins. But he name calls and picks unnecessary fights instead.
Perhaps the lifelong New York liberal, Democrat donor and Clinton pal is just a plant.

It's even sadder that our choices are Trump and Clinton.

Not in my opinion. I'm very thankful he decided to run. It's not often we get an opportunity to vote for someone for president who is not a career politician. Of the other 16 Republican candidates, who would have stood up to Hillary's corruption and called her out for her lies? Nobody but Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back