Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Do we have enough hunting influencers yet?

Congratulations! Everyone on this thread has become an influencer.

Conundrum… Does an influencer start his own thread complaining about the anti-influencers becoming influencers in order to extend his influence or does he comment on the anti-influencers thread?
I think fighting fire with fire makes sense in this scenario. I agree with Matt and his philosophy and am glad he’s making an attempt at getting folks to think a bit more before they start spewing more “influence” all over YouTube. Always end with a couple of these if you want to show your a legit influencer. 💪👊

I think fighting fire with fire makes sense in this scenario. I agree with Matt and his philosophy and am glad he’s making an attempt at getting folks to think a bit more before they start spewing more “influence” all over YouTube. Always end with a couple of these if you want to show your a legit influencer. 💪👊

IMO, There is a big difference between influencers like Randy is and some of his crew are becoming that seem to do the social media to help for a better cause and truly spread knowledge versus someone like Zach Griffith or elk shape that are doing it purely and 100% self gratification.

Or worse yet is the females who have seemingly taken up hunting and fishing only to self promote themselves because they’ve learned if they hold a bass or a redfish in a string bikini 10,000 fat old men in their basement will smash the like button.
Did somebody sayyyyyyyyy, Bikini?

I need one that’s hunting specific so it’s more core and helps the industry
Just go hunt rabbits with a 22 as a source of food and post on social media. That would be getting back to the basics of hunting and avoid all the horn/antler problems that effect hunters.

Congratulations! Everyone on this thread has become an influencer.

Conundrum… Does an influencer start his own thread complaining about the anti-influencers becoming influencers in order to extend his influence or does he comment on the anti-influencers thread?
🤔🤕

(Influencers are blowing up turkey hunting too).
Yup. A certain YouTube channel that hunts public has done a great job popularizing turkey road trips where the main goal is to pile turkeys up in as many states as you can in one spring without much regard for blowing somewhere up or for the residents that hunt the area. The travelling turkey hunter was once a small portion of the hunting population. Nowadays it seems every turkey hunter out there has a trip out west for Merriam's, a trip to FL for an Osceola, KS or OK for a Rio, and typically their home state for Eastern. Obviously nothing wrong with traveling to hunt, but the style they portray is a very run and gun, no put all take style that caters to the wannabe influencers. Show up, shoot birds, make content, move on to the next state.
Not great for a bird that's population is falling precipitously in most states west of the Mississippi.

@Lawnboy better watch out. Mowing influencers are doing free yard cleanups, filming it , especially when the neighbor or owner confronts them, THEN gets Donations on Patreon, or Youtube...Checkout the comments!

I dont mind watching some of the them. Especially if they hunting or talking about somewhere or some type that I never have done or don't do regularly. After three decades Im not influenced much on eastern hunting. I would be lying if I said I don't learn something once in a while.

I read somewhere #1 occupation kids in school today would like to become is a social media influencer.

My BIL was a history/social studies teacher and dealt with that mentality in some of his students. Their career goal was to become social media influencers. Apparently playing video games on YouTube and recording yourself for others to watch is a thing. 🤷‍♂️

My BIL was a history/social studies teacher and dealt with that mentality in some of his students. Their career goal was to become social media influencers. Apparently playing video games on YouTube and recording yourself for others to watch is a thing. 🤷‍♂️
Not just kids. As usual I was watching my grandson bowl in league this morning. Good gawd, 3/4 of the parents there were on their phones, mostly playing games or ... gambling. I was sitting next to the father of two little kids. His son isn't even a marginal bowler but enjoys time with friends. It was pretty much a first today when the boy threw a turkey (three strikes in a row). Yay! I leaned over: "Is that his first turkey?" The father looks up: "What ... oh ... maybe ... I dunno." The idiot is on his phone NONSTOP week after week playing some golf video game while his kids are bowling. You can only imagine what that home life is like.

Can you imagine what it would be like for a drill sergeant to be assigned a green platoon full of gamer draftees. If the country had to go to war it couldn't even get the engine started.

Not just kids. As usual I was watching my grandson bowl in league this morning. Good gawd, 3/4 of the parents there were on their phones, mostly playing games or ... gambling. I was sitting next to the father of two little kids. His son isn't even a marginal bowler but enjoys time with friends. It was pretty much a first today when the boy threw a turkey (three strikes in a row). Yay! I leaned over: "Is that his first turkey?" The father looks up: "What ... oh ... maybe ... I dunno." The idiot is on his phone NONSTOP week after week playing some golf video game while his kids are bowling. You can only imagine what that home life is like.

Can you imagine what it would be like for a drill sergeant to be assigned a green platoon full of gamer draftees. If the country had to go to war it couldn't even get the engine started.

I read that kids are getting "text neck" from staring down at their phones too much. Then consider hard core gamers whose hands may be or get "off" from holding the controllers too much (not unlike that one Seinfeld episode with the hand model).

I wonder what longer term effect this will have on people when they hit age 40+. Every time it rains, their gamer thumb will freeze up?

I read somewhere #1 occupation kids in school today would like to become is a social media influencer.
Hell, I even want I want to make money being a social influencer. Only problem is I don't understand nor like social media and nobody gives a hoot about anything I say or do anyhoo.

IMO, There is a big difference between influencers like Randy is and some of his crew are becoming that seem to do the social media to help for a better cause and truly spread knowledge versus someone like Zach Griffith or elk shape that are doing it purely and 100% self gratification.
Randy Newberg is certainly better than some. Same as most. He makes some of the same questionable shots as many of the influencers out there. As we all do.

And Randy certainly is making more on gear and service promotions than most everyone out there. Randy has more full-time employees slinging media (read: products) than most. Probably second only to Rinella on both scales.

Randy is not the only guy who talks about issues like conservation and activitsm. But in my mind, that doesn't white wash all the negatives. In the meantime go buy some GoHunt, Leuopold, Sitka, Howa, Nosler, blah, blah, blah...

Odd coincidence, In 2015, Zac Griffith helped me out on a trophy tag I drew. Stand-up guy... Zac is not a bigger problem than Randy. Same.

Social media is the new frontier for the recent and future generations.

Heck, we've had this discussion before... Hunt Talk posters are modern day, social media explorers and I doubt that's the extent of our internet activities.

Influencers? Sure. Enough? When the supply fills demand.

Randy Newberg is certainly better than some. Same as most. He makes some of the same questionable shots as many of the influencers out there. As we all do.

And Randy certainly is making more on gear and service promotions than most everyone out there. Randy has more full-time employees slinging media (read: products) than most. Probably second only to Rinella on both scales.

Randy is not the only guy who talks about issues like conservation and activitsm. But in my mind, that doesn't white wash all the negatives. In the meantime go buy some GoHunt, Leuopold, Sitka, Howa, Nosler, blah, blah, blah...

Odd coincidence, In 2015, Zac Griffith helped me out on a trophy tag I drew. Stand-up guy... Zac is not a bigger problem than Randy. Same.
Yeah at the end of the day, they all blow spots up and intensify crowding issues. We'd be better off if all influencers had a conservation ethic like Randy but we might be in an even better place without them.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back