MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Do we have enough hunting influencers yet?

I would love to go back to the days where you learned from your dad, uncle, friends dad, maybe a book or dvd…anything is better than listening to a flat brim creatine junkies on YouTube. It’s such a fabricated hunting culture that I think misrepresents most hunters. My buddies and I don’t name our deer, we work full time jobs and usually get 1-2 weeks (maybe) a year to try and get it done.

The spots getting blown up is one of the worst parts of it. A guy comes out west or is new to hunting and could care less about keeping the spot a secret. He rather show off the cool hunt and get as many likes as possible then move onto the next tag in his pursuit to become a full time influencer. I find it odd how many 20-40 year old men have a desire to walk around pointing a camera at themselves. I personally enjoy being as far away from civilization with as few distractions as possible when I’m hunting.

You say Randy and Steve Rinella are good for the sport? From who's perspective....Randy blew up the grand mesa ruining it and contributed to overcrowding, so from that perspective he is bad for hunting. Steve R has blown up sika deer hunting on the east coast and down right ruined it, so from that perspective he is bad for hunting. From a state revenue perspective they are both good for hunting, from the outdoor industry they are both great for hunting, for the land leasing business they are great for hunting (which in turn is bad for public land hunters), for the sale/value of hunting land they are great for hunting. For the public land hunter, especially if you have been in the game for over 10 years, they are horrible for hunting. Both Randy and Steve have spawned MORE social media hunters out of their own companies, as if we needed more. All depends on how you look at it....
The only two that I occasionally watch are Randy and Rinella. In my opinion, they appeal more to people who are already hunters.
The hunting industry is going to use someone to help promote their product. I'd rather it was someone like Randy or Meateater, people who try to promote a "right" way of doing things. I do know that it's just my opinion of right, that happens to agree with their idea of right.

I would love to go back to the days where you learned from your dad, uncle, friends dad, maybe a book or dvd…anything is better than listening to a flat brim creatine junkies on YouTube. It’s such a fabricated hunting culture that I think misrepresents most hunters. My buddies and I don’t name our deer, we work full time jobs and usually get 1-2 weeks (maybe) a year to try and get it done.

The spots getting blown up is one of the worst parts of it. A guy comes out west or is new to hunting and could care less about keeping the spot a secret. He rather show off the cool hunt and get as many likes as possible then move onto the next tag in his pursuit to become a full time influencer. I find it odd how many 20-40 year old men have a desire to walk around pointing a camera at themselves. I personally enjoy being as far away from civilization with as few distractions as possible when I’m hunting.
Those books sucked.
How to field dress a deer always seemed like it was missing the most important pictures.

Way too many

Imagine them all getting a real job and contributing the the countries productivity

I think the repeated line they love to share of helping people appreciate nature, wild places etc is largely crap. They exist to put money in their own pocket and sell product for sponsors
How do you feel about T Fish's son and his high school buddies filming their hunts for bro?
I was laughing to myself while watching it thinking what if filming hunts becomes a great American pastime.
"hell no I didn't learn to film from watching YouTube. my dad taught me bro. and his dad taught him bro."
Ps. Did you see Trents head shot?

How do you feel about T Fish's son and his high school buddies filming their hunts for bro?
I was laughing to myself while watching it thinking what if filming hunts becomes a great American pastime.
"hell no I didn't learn to film from watching YouTube. my dad taught me bro. and his dad taught him bro."
Right in the fuggin head.

It’s kind of ironic, the use of social media to shame social media influencers.
kelly-enemy-1024.png

That head shot was pure awful. I understand that frontal shots can be effective but over the years BRO has shown so many crummy blood trails, lost elk, etc that they really should stick to shooting broadside elk under 40 yards.

Look what influencers have done in general. I know I have teenage daughter and I depise those girls who do nothing but get all dressed up, fake hair, tan, tits, teeth, lips, eylashes, ass, etc with designer clothes and edited photos which do nothing but hurt the self esteem of regular girls, make them feel like they are not pretty, etc.. But the girls can't look away, so they try their best to imitate. Hunters are really no different. Its' just Sitka, Swaro, etc instead of prada, cartier, etc.. Hunt influencers stage pics all the time, so even that is no different.

I’m going to take the contrary argument on this one and get smoked by the masses. It’s easy to call everybody “influencers” and point blame at them. But we are the morons they are influencing. I would argue we have always had influencers. The media is what has changed. It used to be written media and network tv etc that had barriers to entry. Those barriers are gone and the influence is right at our fingertips in real time. Social media is the problem and we as users of this media are the problem. Put your phone down and go shoot your bow. (Says the guy typing on his phone.😂)

When do we get an influencer offering an expensive master class or multi day summit on how to be an influencer?

This post made hunt quietly’s IG. Great work guys!
It’s kind of ironic, the use of social media to shame social media influencers.

Congratulations! Everyone on this thread has become an influencer.

Conundrum… Does an influencer start his own thread complaining about the anti-influencers becoming influencers in order to extend his influence or does he comment on the anti-influencers thread?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back